Help I am completely overwhelmed

Associate
Ok so I'll explain, I recently bought https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-rt-ac87u-dual-band-wireless-ac2400-gigabit-router-4x4-mu-mimo-antenna-design-nw-085-as.html new wireless router in conjunction with the Vigor Draytek 130 modem. Now I had previously used the BT home hub for my wifi but found the connection to drop and the range to be terrible (something that doesn't happen over the wired connection) so I invested in those.

Now when I set up the Router and the Modem I found that the ASUS router broadcast the wireless signal but without internet. I then went into the modem dashboard and it said that my internet connection was being detected (upload and download speed) but the IP address was disconnected, I don't understand what is happening or how to fix it as I am new to networking.

Please can anybody help me, I am really upset with the money I have spent and going to waste.

Soldato
ADSL or VDSL?

In either case you shouldn't need to configure the DrayTek.

With the DrayTek connected to the ASUS's WAN port configure the ASUS to create a PPPoE connection using the settings provided by your ISP.

Soldato
Just to make sure, the RT-AC87U is connected to the modem via the WAN port (blue) right?

On the Asus, make sure WAN type is PPPoE, username is "[email protected]" and password can't be blank, I just did "12345". That's working for me with my RT-AC68U and Openreach ECI modem.

Back
Top Bottom