Power tripped - Asus RT-N66U router now doesn't have internet connection

Caporegime
I have Sky Fibre with an Openreach 'modem' and an Asus RT-N66U Router.

My power tripped this morning due to a malfunctioning washing machine, and when I restarted it I can't get the Asus router to re-connect to my internet.

If I plug the Sky hub in, the internet works fine.

I'd previously extracted the username and password last year and it's been working fine, but now it seems there is an issue.

Could it be to do with the MAC address? Would it have reset on the power outage? Do I need to copy the Sky router MAC address to it?

Thanks

Soldato
I had the same issue. Spent ages trying to sort it out to get it connected again, having lost the cloned MAC address and all sorts. In the end, powered it all off for a few hours and it's been perfect ever since. I think it gives it time to reset at the other end to reset the authentication.

Soldato
My N66U now has no MAC cloning and has been fine for months.

While it stopped working, I upgraded the firmware and lost the mac address, and I no longer have the original Sky router. But it's been fine for months.

Soldato
I had the same issue. Spent ages trying to sort it out to get it connected again, having lost the cloned MAC address and all sorts. In the end, powered it all off for a few hours and it's been perfect ever since. I think it gives it time to reset at the other end to reset the authentication.

Yup, its 45 minutes ... whilst Sky user MER for authentication (the reason you have to extract the user/pass) every time they see an authentication request from a different MAC, you have to wait. There is no need to clone the MAC of you SR101/SR102 for 3rd party routers, you only need the MER string.

Soldato
Yup, its 45 minutes ... whilst Sky user MER for authentication (the reason you have to extract the user/pass) every time they see an authentication request from a different MAC, you have to wait. There is no need to clone the MAC of you SR101/SR102 for 3rd party routers, you only need the MER string.

Yes that's right, and what I learnt after sheer panic of losing the old MAC address :p

Back
Top Bottom