slow-ish boot on ex58 ud5 rev1

Associate
anyone with the same board as me (or anything in the x58 series) fancy sharing how long it takes to boot? it seems POSTing on my GA-EX58-UD5 Rev1 takes somewhat longer than I'd expect; from power to Windows is about 32 seconds with 22 of those being the machine POSTing and it takes about 13 seconds to get any sort of display out of it.

Enabled quick boot, disabled full screen logo, disabled everything thats unused and im booting to a Sandisk SSD. No external drives/hubs/etc, just ps/2 keyboard, usb mouse, audio, display and power. 30 seconds isn't bad and I can live with it just hoping to shave some time off, cheers.

Soldato
Do you have your sata 3 ports enabled?

I have a X58 board and my SSD uses the sata 2 ports (intel ones) as the Marvel controller on the X58 boards cant do the full speeds for SSDs (get about 400mb read and 280mb write) and are pretty poor.

Im not too sure on my time to boot from POST but I do remember that with sata 3 ports enabled it does take longer as it detects everything on the intel controller then goes to check the marvell controller

Associate
I have a Hex in a old U3DR (Early rev 2.0 I think with just 4 mem slots) and that takes a while to post.

Id say it would be similar to the figures you have posted.

Back
Top Bottom