Having some trouble getting my Toshiba A300D-15B to power on, any help would be great

Associate
I went to turn my livingroom machine on today which is a trust Toshiba A300D and nothing.......

The power light comes on for about 5 seconds then turns off, no fans spin and no screen activity.

Its basically dead, just the power LED will flick on, nothing else.

I have done the normal remove battery/cable and hold the power down for 30 seconds. Nothing I do has changed the situation.

Any advice/help would be great. I was thinking maybe since its about 8 years old now the cmos battery could be dud but im not sure it would cause this kind of problem.

Associate
OP
Took the laptop to bits and found nothing obviously wrong, no leaky capacitors or disconnected plugs. Everything is tight and looking good....

I wonder if laptops have any sort of hidden boot sequence modifiers, like pressing some keys while pressing the power button for diagnostics/bios resets.

Any help would be fantastic as I really have no idea where to go now.......

Associate
OP
Last time I will update this in the hopes of someone having any ideas.

I have been testing things, my power brick gives out the stated 19v and 6amps so that seems fine.

If i remove the battery and click the power button the LED on the power button lights up for 4ish seconds which makes me think its getting power

From here I dont know where to go, I have had it apart but TBH its a mess in there and I dont know where to start.

Soldato
Sorry, not much use but most if not all of the Toshiba laptops I set up for others died a death similar to yours where they simply wouldn't start up. Yours has done well to last this long, as the the A300D 15B I set up for someone died 4-6 years back (out of warranty).

I guess they were so cheap for a reason. :(

Soldato
Wow i'm surprised yours has lasted so long.

Mine gave up on me after about 3 years despite going in for so many repairs.

Frankly i swore i would never buy another Toshiba laptop again.

Back
Top Bottom