Extend display?.

Associate
Hi. When in game on extended monitor how can you use your mouse on 2nd monitor at same time playing a game same as in desktop?. Thanks.

My other monitor is a 1080p where my new one is a 1440p. In extended or duplicate display if set my other monitor to 1440p DSR is that using more power on the graphic card and pc it self when in games or desktop?.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some games can work better when windowed mode is set in the graphics settings (if they have such a option) and any half decent engine will let you do this with no performance hit while keeping the game up on the main screen.

You'll likely need to remove the mouse's focus from the game (Windows key usually works to bring up the start menu), but most games will work this way. Older and poorly programmed games will always be hit and miss using this method.

Some other games allow you to remove the mouse's focus without needing to anything other than moving the mouse off the screen when set to windowed mode, but the only ones I've played that do this are Football Manager and Banished (and it makes zero sense in anything other than strategy game).

Associate
Some games can work better when windowed mode is set in the graphics settings (if they have such a option) and any half decent engine will let you do this with no performance hit while keeping the game up on the main screen.).

Indeed, borderless windowed mode in the game settings is what I use where I can.

There's also a program you can get called Windowed Borderless Gaming, which you can use for games that don't support the feature.

Back
Top Bottom