Project reDefine R5

Associate
Finally I got the time to make a log about this build.
This is a build I did with huge support from MSI Nordic. Without them, this build would never had been a reality.

h1VOXnf.png

My plan from the start was to make a very unique Define R5 build, something different, something that had hopefully never been seen before.
Therefore I began looking at the case to figure out, in what way I could change the layout of the case completely. I then got the idea of moving the PSU to the front top of the case, which gave me the oppotunity to fit a 420mm radiator in the bottom of the case.
Afterwards I got the idea to rotate the graphics card 90° so that the cooler will be facing the window.
Regarding the window, I was not happy with the little window that the R5 provides. I therefore decided to go with a full plexi sidepanel made of 5mm thick acrylic.
Those were the basic ideas before actually started the build.

The specifications for the build are following.

Hardware:

MSI Z170A MPower Titanium
Intel i5 – 6600K
MSI GTX1080 GamingX 8G
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 2400MHz 4x4Gb
Intel 600p M.2 128Gb
Seasonic Silent Snow 750W
Fractal Define R5

Watercooling:

Alphacool VPP655 – PWM
Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Plexi
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 420mm
Alphacool Eisrohr 13/10mm PETG
Alphacool Ultra Pure Water
Mayhems Dye Purple
Monsoon Hardline fittings
Watercool HEATKILLER IV Pro

I have a ”softspot” for custom cables. Therefore are all the cables and sleeving made by myself.
Making this build was a very stressfull process for me. I had a very tight time schedule, so not very much time to do a whole lot of modding. But I managed to pull it off and have the build ready for DreamHack Winter.

I really hope that all of you like the build. Please let me know what you think of this build/mod.
Looking forward to hearing your opinions.

First some pictures of the hardware.

oeFrIPL.jpg

1MLXpOO.jpg

dlf4XX5.jpg

RpLScvx.jpg

H5OLvrJ.jpg

IbLLawj.jpg

Then a little work in progress shots of the cables.

frAKIR0.jpg

NE7BzpW.jpg

yIq0x33.jpg

And finally, the build it self.:)

9IadlVW.jpg

nUvcXZZ.jpg

PcDWuDz.jpg

I6w0OEs.jpg

ShqCJZu.jpg

lmDbFZA.jpg

p2vSnjL.jpg

ZgcHfgI.jpg

fMqoOMf.jpg

izXvQhB.jpg

u3yeexe.jpg

E0MNbjK.jpg

46SSiWc.jpg

JecYEO7.jpg

Rnwtk9m.jpg

U8dMyKQ.jpg

cOsxkwt.jpg

MVtzMpK.jpg

3py4991.jpg

fVhF3wG.jpg

7uPSHNn.jpg

X6JxHGS.jpg

Z8FTZMk.jpg

3kfImO9.jpg

iA7D5ez.jpg

01BJ8SM.jpg

Soldato
That looks awesome! I bet you've spent some time on that. The best part for me is the GPU which looks stock which shows how well you did with it, the purple screws finish the case nicely.

Associate
OP
That looks awesome! I bet you've spent some time on that. The best part for me is the GPU which looks stock which shows how well you did with it, the purple screws finish the case nicely.

Thank you very much for the kind words.
This build took some time. But i'm a sucker for the small details :D

Associate
Looks great, my own concern is with the GPU on air, with the case side on, isn't airflow going to be tight coming into the fans ?

Associate
OP
Looks great, my own concern is with the GPU on air, with the case side on, isn't airflow going to be tight coming into the fans ?

Temp on the GPU is not a problem. I have tested it, with both the CPU and GPU on 100% load, and it never gets over 70°C. The CPU loop doen not produce that much heat. ;)

Back
Top Bottom