• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gpu or cpu upgrade or just stick for a bit

Associate
Well I game at 1440p and like to play games at full wack!

My system is as follows
4770k clocked at 4.4
16 gig 2400 ram
980 sli both with Aoi coolers running at 1505-1550 depending on the game.
Rog 144 hz monitor

The gpus don't hit more then 50 degrees. The cpu hits 50-70 degrees playing games on full fan speed

I play a lot of total warhammer atm and get 45 fps to 80 in battles. The cpu hits 65 degrees.

In games like rise of the tomb raider the cpu hits 75 + degrees after 20 mins of playing.

To get better fps would I be better to change my cpu or drop the cash on the new Titan?

Soldato
1440p we're talking superwide? Not 2560x1440 I take it?

Anyway, CPU upgrade won't do much but it looks like you've got a cooling problem.
Get a better cooler or better case, stick some fans in there get some airflow going.
If you have 2x 980 with AIO on them and not much else airflow wise it looks like that case will be roasting inside.

Associate
OP
Not supper wide no just 27inch 1440p.

Thanks for the tip on the heat. I think you are right on that 1 thanks to having 1 of the gpu rads in the case. I will dig some 140 air flow fans out and see if I can get them temps to drop.

Back
Top Bottom