***Official Squad Thread***

Associate
This game looks really interesting. I appreciate it's reliant on teamwork, but do you think it's possible to play, as part of a team, without speaking? My reservations are that often I'm gaming whilst the missus and baby are snoozing in the same room so can listen but not talk.

Not really but can be done if u type fast comms is the way forward though m8

Soldato
This game looks really interesting. I appreciate it's reliant on teamwork, but do you think it's possible to play, as part of a team, without speaking? My reservations are that often I'm gaming whilst the missus and baby are snoozing in the same room so can listen but not talk.

I think you can, as long as you make it known to your squad in chat as soon as you load in.

You can still follow orders and play your part. Obviously though voice comms is preferable and more enjoyable if you get with a good team.

Soldato
Was a bit hesistant on this as you've probably gathered.. But the recent updates, specifically the muzzle debris thing (what's it called?) and the smoke may be enough to push into the purchasing stage.

I also...

Bought a mic. Yup.

Soldato

I would say yes, but only if you find an accommodating squad. you'd need to shadow someone as opposed to yolo'ing it and just listen to what they tell you. bind a few important phrases e.g. contact xxx that way you only need to press the relevant key bind and follow it with 3digits, makes typing quicker

Associate
hey guys, i bought squad last night and had a few games, has any1 else had a problem viewing the map while prone or crouch the map wont open, have to stand to open map
but not in every game.
big thanks to "sunny" who showed so big patience towards a noobie without a mic, cheers fella
stevensmith1, new recruit

Soldato
I thinks its a bargain at £30. I havent really got into a game since BF2 but this I have and already played it for 33 hours! More than any other game in my steam library and have only had i around a month

Soldato
I only play on Redcoats servers now. Almost all squads actually talk and work together. I didnt realise in a game that my mic / soundcard had stopped working and no one could hear me - I got kicked from 2 squads before I realised, fixed it and re-joined

Soldato
OP
We will be pushing an update shortly, here is the change list:

Alpha 4.2
  • Added a SERVERCONFIGSDIR command line parameter to allow server providers to specify a custom config directory location once more.
  • Added a server performance profiling command that will be used to aid with easier performance profiling on servers who volunteer to partake in it.
  • Fix to a bug in banning functionality that caused some bans to not persist.
  • Optimized design of the Map player and medic icons.
  • Various other smaller bugfixes.

Soldato
Continuous updates, like it.

Had another good game on a Redcoats tonight.

Anyone else think its a bit weird you can continue talking when you are dead? It is good for letting everyone know where enemy is but from a realism point, not very! Also strange when a dead guys body starts talking to you when you walk past!

Soldato
OP
Continuous updates, like it.

Had another good game on a Redcoats tonight.

Anyone else think its a bit weird you can continue talking when you are dead? It is good for letting everyone know where enemy is but from a realism point, not very! Also strange when a dead guys body starts talking to you when you walk past!

Game play over realism every day!

Technically you're not dead, just incapacitated :) We just don't want people finding reasons not to use in-game comms. Exactly why local chat will never be heard by enemy players!

Soldato
Good point! Is chat still heard when you select to 'give up'?

I did think it would be quite good to hear enemy chat when hiding but as you say, implementing this people would just get around it by using out of game chat programs. That would make the rubbish

Soldato
OP
You can still use chat when "dead dead" but local won't broadcast to anyone.

They tried having local chat being heard by enemies in PR but that went....poorly!

Back
Top Bottom