*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Associate
[Damien];29148957 said:
I'm not one for platformers (apart from Limbo which was ace) but I've just picked up Ori and the Blind Forest in the sale and so far I'm enjoying it.

Ori is one of the games I'm playing through at the moment. Its great,

Limbo however, I got stuck and just uninstalled it.

Soldato
^ I'd agree. Only worth getting if on sale. Freelancer is still better 14 years on.

True I got it when it was £4.99 and it looked right up my street and had some good ideas but it was just too boring.
Make me want to dust off Freelancer and give it another run through tho.

- just had a search and this game is not available anywhere for digital download. GOG have a petition/blog for it to be included but no progress.

Really surprised it still has a small active modding community including Freelancer Tides of War a Star Wars MP TC.
Might pickup a cheap hardcopy of the game from that auction site and try the Crossfire 2.0 TC mod which is meant to be brilliant.

Last edited:
Associate
There is always going be cheating in many games, this is nothing new. Particularly in SOTF. It annoying but it doesn't put most people off. The content is never ending so in a way it is a good thing. Sometimes it good, sometimes not. But if it is that bad then why keep coming back and putting even more hours into it. I have played over a 1000+ hours, as well as played in the competitive scene, I can tell you the community is mostly pretty good. So the negativity is in the minority, particularly those that have barely scratch the surface. So give it a chance before you deprive yourself of the experience.

As I said the gfx Optimisation could be better but the gameplay and variety of content alone is what makes it shine. As I stressed it still Alpha. Most have made it work with a little tweaking so not a huge problem imo.

Yes it could be better! Tried to play it a couple of months ago and the 10 fps put me off and got a refund. I know its alpha but I shouldn't have to edit files to get a reasonable fps (didn't realise you could do this at the time). I know 2 other people who had the same thing so its definitely a big problem that should have been addressed.

Soldato
Just bought a copy of Freelancer from cex.co.uk for £2.50 + P&P (£5).

also saw this on download.cnet.com against the Freelancer demo download and it made me laugh.

Heh. Those were the days. I remember trying to download a 10MB file back when we had a 14.4k modem in 1991 and it took all day. My parents got really annoyed as well because it meant no one could use the phone (and obviously no one had mobile phones back then).

Soldato
Yes it could be better! Tried to play it a couple of months ago and the 10 fps put me off and got a refund. I know its alpha but I shouldn't have to edit files to get a reasonable fps (didn't realise you could do this at the time). I know 2 other people who had the same thing so its definitely a big problem that should have been addressed.

Hmm didn't have that problem myself. I started the game up and got 40+ fps and then changed the settings to medium and got 70+ fps. No need to edit any files at all.

The game still looks great on medium settings if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom