Tomb Raider - Rise of the Raider PC

Soldato
Looking at the soviet installation map (main overview large area) - is it worth doing the part to the lower bottom right, the building section with a challenge tomb before doing more story throughout the rest of the soviet installation?

Permabanned
Finished.

I've give it 8/10, as i didn't think it was much more than a reskin of the last one.

Yes it is very similar to the first, but I think in a good way. if and when the 3rd game comes out they will need to change it up a bit

The adage "If it ain't broke" comes to mind.
It's the same with Far cry 3 to 4.
Once it was patched and complete both TR 2013 and Far cry 3 were brilliant games, They may not be ground breaking experiences today but there certainly still up there among the best on offer and a reskin minimizes the potential for trouble while providing a good quality fun experience that they know people will enjoy.

Soldato
Started playing last night, only a couple of hours in & really enjoying it so far.
As others have said, very similar to the last one, but that is not a bad thing as that was an excellent game.

Running very well indeed on my setup, got everythng maxed out at 1440p apart from motion blur as I don't like it & not noticed any problems whatsoever.

Soldato
Finished this yesterday with 92%, what a great game and one that I will no doubt play again. Graphics and controls were superb and the storyline was also very good. Overall a polished product and no doubt will be one of my games of the year.

Incidentally my total play time on this is a few hours more than the last Tomb Raider which I completed twice over.

Soldato
100% the story mode & Baba Yaga DLC now. Took me just over 40 hours with all collectibles & locations fully completed. Some are so well hidden it takes ages to find them due to concealed entrances on other parts of the map :rolleyes:

Not a bad game but no reason to replay again unless you want to repeat the same experience there is nothing else to see/do.

Still a good game on PC & the best Uncharted style game ever made ;)

Can't type for toffee
Don
I must say the new AMD driver have improved this so much for me, back upto 2560*1440 witht he whole hair shenanigans turned on and running much better than I was at 1080 wiht half the stuff turned off!

Still really enjoying the game, Think I'm about 30% complete but I just can't help going off and murdering all of the animals in sight!

Associate
stuff is easy to miss I think I will play from scratch on a harder setting when I am done with the first play though, I may well do the first game again firstly. not played that I a long time

Soldato
Rise of Tomb Raider could be among the first AAA games that take advantage of DirectX 12, with developer Crystal Dynamics planning a massive update that adds a new renderer, and new content (VFX, geometry, textures). The latest version of the game features an ominously named "DX12.dll" library in its folder, and while it doesn't support DirectX 12 at the moment, a renderer selection has appeared in the game's launcher. DirectX 12 is currently only offered on Windows 10, with hardware support on NVIDIA "Kepler" and "Maxwell" GPUs, and on AMD Graphics CoreNext 1.1 and 1.2 GPUs.

http://www.techpowerup.com/219944/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-to-get-directx-12-eye-candy-soon.html

Soldato
I'm at the point of no return at 72% completion after 17 hours or so and the question is: do I return and find as much stuff as I can or finish the game and do everything afterwards? :p

Back
Top Bottom