*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
Kanifee, aside from the issue you have with the Delan clip, how is it overall? I've tried the homebuilt kit with a 360 camera, and I just cannot get it tracking right. Not sure if its the camera or the build but frustrated I can't get it going.

And Dazboots...just wow. I cannot wait to see the finished article.

I have it working flawless now, i downloaded opentrack and had it going in 10 minutes. best of all opentrack have options to use different curves for each side of an axis, thats great as i noticed a pronounced difference from left and right yaw with the tracking points being a single side of the head.

what issue are you having exactly, does the model track at all? i used a ps3 eye cam that came with the delan but by all aacounts its easy enough to mod a standerd ps3 cam and they cost £3 on ebay.

Oh and just to add, the experience is awesome. the clip itself is very well made and the extra dimension it adds to the game is just something else. Dogfighting is so much easier when being able to track the enemy so widely. very easy to see why simmers cant live without it after using it. It kinda makes me want a oculus so badly.

Last edited:
Associate
Ha so it came daz, very jealous as i teased the missus with some pictures of these and she was not best pleased!

Just sorting the projector blending and warping software. then to get a curved desk to sit inside then finished. will be hanging 5.1 surround speakers on the icarus as well.
get your missus one for valatines day she will love it. lol
Good thing is when sat inside it takes all your field of view. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
The worst has happened. I lost my python in a military strike and was 250k away from being able to afford the insurance (including 2.5m loan) for even the base ship. So now I'm in a cobra. 88m worth of ship down the drain. It's true what they say: don't fly what you can't rebus.

Wounded

I got blown up once and clicked the wrong button when I respawned, could have been worse lol

Soldato
I know, and tbh I had bitten the bullet and already was working my way out of the cobra I had bought. I went to see what my next ship would be and all of a sudden I had 87m in my account! So I'm back in the python. Desperately needs new thrusters, but otherwise mostly where it needs to be.

Soldato
No offence & I'm happy for you... But they shouldn't have given you your money back :p Hope I didn't get lost in translation - it wasn't a bug that you experienced was it?

Soldato
I know, and tbh I had bitten the bullet and already was working my way out of the cobra I had bought. I went to see what my next ship would be and all of a sudden I had 87m in my account! So I'm back in the python. Desperately needs new thrusters, but otherwise mostly where it needs to be.

If it makes you feel any better, I have an ASP, a Python and an Anaconda now... with 200Mil left for insurance... oh wait... no it probably won't

:)

Glad you're back. Grind some Robigo runs

Soldato
No offence & I'm happy for you... But they shouldn't have given you your money back :p Hope I didn't get lost in translation - it wasn't a bug that you experienced was it?

Not really, although the two shield cell banks I fired pumped out way more heat than they used to and fried my ship, so if they patched that since I last played then you could sorta say it was the game.

Tbh I agree. I was just begging. He did say he wouldn't do it again

Last edited:
Associate
I have it working flawless now, i downloaded opentrack and had it going in 10 minutes. best of all opentrack have options to use different curves for each side of an axis, thats great as i noticed a pronounced difference from left and right yaw with the tracking points being a single side of the head.

what issue are you having exactly, does the model track at all? i used a ps3 eye cam that came with the delan but by all aacounts its easy enough to mod a standerd ps3 cam and they cost £3 on ebay.

Oh and just to add, the experience is awesome. the clip itself is very well made and the extra dimension it adds to the game is just something else. Dogfighting is so much easier when being able to track the enemy so widely. very easy to see why simmers cant live without it after using it. It kinda makes me want a oculus so badly.

I can get the top and bottom tracking fine but the centre I cannot, I suspect I did not position the top high enough above so they are getting confused. Or it's the 360 camera, I removed the IR filter but I think that's causing an issue as now I can't get it 100% focused.

I tried a couple times last night with a Kinect setup as I had the 360 one in the garage. That could work, sadly I can't get it far enough away on the desk, but sat far back the tracking was near on perfect.

Might bite the bullet and get the delan clip!

Soldato
Not really, although the two shield cell banks I fired pumped out way more heat than they used to and fried my ship, so if they patched that since I last played then you could sorta say it was the game.

Tbh I agree. I was just begging. He did say he wouldn't do it again

Haha fair enough :p Always worth a go I suppose :D

Soldato
I can get the top and bottom tracking fine but the centre I cannot, I suspect I did not position the top high enough above so they are getting confused. Or it's the 360 camera, I removed the IR filter but I think that's causing an issue as now I can't get it 100% focused.

I tried a couple times last night with a Kinect setup as I had the 360 one in the garage. That could work, sadly I can't get it far enough away on the desk, but sat far back the tracking was near on perfect.

Might bite the bullet and get the delan clip!
My only advice would be to go in to pointracker settings, play with the threshold slider to fine tune the camera pick up of the led points and then change the min and max size so that it only picks up the size of the led and no reflections. In open track I have minimum 7.3px, maximum 50px and threshold is around halfway between the 8th and 9th pip of the slider, before that I got very poor tracking and it would constantly loose the centre led to one of the others as the light output mixed. Also up the frequency to the max your camera supports, this helps smooth out the tracking of the points too.

Remember that the camera doesn't actually have to be infromt of you, mount the clip reversed and place the camera behind you, just invert whichever axis you have to so it tracks corrwctly. May allow you to use the kinect should you have enough room to your rear.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Just bought a Cobra mk3...again, this being the 3rd time. Just fancied having a short distance high speed smuggler. Have an Asp for long distance stuff and the Python for bigger tonnage.
Was also wondering about my home base. I'm presently on the border of Fed and Imp space, meaning that it's fairly easy to get either mission, or also for Duval. The problem I have is that it's not a big station, and means travelling 20KY for most serious ship upgrades. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom