Evo`s build

Associate
Hi all... My first post to this site. Don`t know if this is the right area to post.

well i start by saying technically this is my third build in a way.

I purchased an xbox one on release and got bored with it so i turned my head to PC gaming.
My first build was a bit of testing the water out with PC gaming so i started with...

Case: Coolermaster Haf 912+
Cpu: AMD FX 6300
Gpu: GTX 760
Heatsink: Stock cooler
HDD: 1 x 1TB, 2 x 250GB
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
PSU: Corsair corsair 750w bronze
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB)
Card Reader: Akasa AK-ICR-07 Internal
ODD: Blu-Ray player and DVD-RW

I fell for Pc gaming and neglected my xbox so me being me decided to sell it and upgrade my NEW setup..

Case: Coolermaster Haf 912+
Cpu: I7-4770K
Gpu: EVGA GTX 970 SC with ACX 1.0 Cooling 4GB
Heatsink: Coolermaster hyper 212 evo with x2 Noctua NF-F12PWM fans $(should have just got a Noctua heatsink)
HDD: 1 x 1TB, 2 x 250GB
Motherboard: MSI z87-gd65 gaming
PSU: Corsair 1000W ATX12V
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB)
ODD: Blu-Ray player and DVD-RW

I purchased the GTX 970 on day one of release.

This is my third change to the build...all ive changed is my case, ram, fans and now ive fitted a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD..

Monitor: Acer XB270HA 27" G Sync 144Hz
Case: Corsair air 540
Cpu: I7-4770K
Gpu: EVGA GTX 970 SC with ACX 1.0 Cooling 4GB
Heatsink: Coolermaster hyper 212 evo with x2 corsair SP 120
HDD: 1 x 250GB SSD, 1 x 1TB + 2 x 250GB
Motherboard: MSI z87-gd65 gaming
PSU: Corsair 1000W ATX12V
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2133 (2x8GB)
ODD: Blu-Ray player

Im happy with it at the moment but maybe looking at SLI soon..

Im still not very clued up on other stuff like Overclocking so i`ll probably looking for advise off u guys at some point... hopefully i`ll be posting a lot here.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Are those molex to PCIE adapters? :(

Why use those? :(

Otherwise very very neat looking build, good job!

Cheers... There the adapters that came with the 970...Wasn't sure if I needed to use them? Obviously I don't then... So I can just hook it up straight to the PSU PCIE cable? It looked like pins were missing on the adaptor so I used them as I wasn't sure.

Soldato
Soldato
Those are only if you are using a potato eBay PSU, which you aren't :) Never been a fan of adapters for higher draw components like that, so I'd just use the straight PSU ones, but strictly speaking it *should* be OK like that

I'll look better though :D

Associate
OP
Cheers!... the case is pretty good good for cable management.
If i had the cash id be looking at getting a second 970 and a Rog swift for 1440p...

Associate
OP
Sweet stuff dude, you definitely haven't waited around when it comes to upgrading!

P.s what's an i7 4470k? ;)

Haha well spotted.. what can i say, its the alcohol addition CPU.
No, i have wasted some cash with regrets but i was just testing the water out with PC gaming and now im hooked.. im a big tech head.. so im now trying to learn the in`s and outs of PC`s

Associate
You made the right choice to go 980ti and the rog swift, rather than the sli 970 you were considering.

Nice set up. I'm stuck with a cupboard for my set up (the wife didn't want my gear in the living room) lol

So what's next? Water cooling :D

Associate
OP
You made the right choice to go 980ti and the rog swift, rather than the sli 970 you were considering.

Nice set up. I'm stuck with a cupboard for my set up (the wife didn't want my gear in the living room) lol

So what's next? Water cooling :D

Lol... i had the perfect space to squeeze my set-up in...Plus my Mrs has the Tv back so win win... I have thought about water cooling a few times but don`t know if i can be bothered with it. Im only clocked to 4.1Ghz at stock voltage as i haven't a clue what im doing... cant seem to keep a stable clock.

Back
Top Bottom