Firewatch PS4

Soldato
maxresdefault_zpsag51wjii.jpg

Release date February 9, 2016

Synopsis

Firewatch takes place in the Wyoming wilderness in 1989.[1] Players take on the role of Henry (voiced by Rich Sommer), a fire lookout who is assigned to his own tower in Shoshone National Forest.[2] Through exploration of the surrounding area, Henry uncovers clues about mysterious occurrences in the vicinity that are related to the ransacking of his tower while out on a routine patrol.[3] Henry's only form of communication is a walkie-talkie connecting him to his supervisor, Delilah (voiced by Cissy Jones).[4] Players may choose from a number of dialog options to interact with her, or refrain from responding. The player's choices will influence the tone of his relationship with Delilah.

Probably my most anticipated game of Q1 2016 (there is a new gameplay video of the first 20mins but it contains quite a few spoilers and quite a lot of bad language, so left it out)

PS4 Reviews

79 Average - Opencritic

firewatch_zpsvgcxfewt.png

Last edited:
Soldato
This actually looks pretty decent. I haven't looked too much as I don't want to ruin it, but looks like a mix of LA Noire and Alan Wake?

Can't say I get a vibe of either of them from it really. It's got more in common with what people dismissively call "walking simulators" from what I've seen, being heavily narrative-driven, but with the inclusion of more interaction with the environment as well as other characters.

Soldato
Hmmm, like I said I've not watched much. So no real narrative or closure etc? The tower ransacking seemed to elude to some kind of storyline or mystery to be solved.

So it's more like Second Life? :p

Soldato
OP
Looks really good. And not on x1 :p

personally I'd rather see it on as many platforms as possible.

Firewatch could come to Xbox One, but a sequel unlikely

An Xbox One version of Firewatch is not unlikely, if people want it.
Firewatch developer Camp Santo has said that it’s not against releasing the game on Xbox One, if there’s enough demand for it.

Firewatch is out on PC and PlayStation 4 February 9.

Caporegime
I am ridiculously excited about this game, I'll be getting it on PC though #PCMasterRace.

It's funny because I was at University chatting to a good friend, who happens to write reviews for some excellent on-line sites, and we both said that this is one of the games we are both hyped for.

Associate
I don't know I feel if they are limiting the release to like A console ect. They will spend more time optimizing it for it. Rather than just making it work kinda thing.

Back
Top Bottom