Firewatch PS4

Soldato
Looks great, who's buying it on day one and is there any word of price?

I am, got my wallet topped up ready. Full price will be £15 on Steam so I'd expect about the same, maybe a couple of quid more for console tax but Campo Santo have said there'll be a PS+ discount in effect as well as a free theme if you buy at launch.

Caporegime
I haven't seen much actual gameplay but the videos they've released are enough for me to take a punt on it anyway. The art direction looks exactly like the type of thing I'm into, I love American wilderness and that sort of stuff, looks like a good bunch of people involved too, creative leads from The Telltale Walking Dead game and the lead designer from Mark of the Ninja.

Soldato
OP
I haven't seen much actual gameplay but the videos they've released are enough for me to take a punt on it anyway. The art direction looks exactly like the type of thing I'm into, I love American wilderness and that sort of stuff, looks like a good bunch of people involved too, creative leads from The Telltale Walking Dead game and the lead designer from Mark of the Ninja.

There are gameplay clips of the first hour available on Youtube, but you are probably right to steer clear especially if your mind is made up on the game already (I wish I had avoided them as they do give a lot away, and it is a relatively short game I believe).

Seems like its in safe hands, as Mark Of The Ninja was a absolutely fantastic little game and still the best game in its genre, imo (stealth).

Caporegime
That's probably why I haven't seen any proper gameplay yet because I've only seen the trailers etc. Obviously it'll be similar to the Telltale games in terms of being story driven and giving the player control over the dialogue but it looks like it'll have more of an adventure game aspect to it as well. :)

Caporegime
Cool, I'll be buying it on PS4 I have enough PC stuff to play. :p

£15 is really reasonable even if it's as short as I've heard, I'm sure there'll be replay value and trophies are something to aim for as well.

Caporegime
Shame that it seems to run poorly on the PS4 from the GAF thread where a few reviewers are dropping hints of poor performance.

I'm switching to PC.

Latest version of Edge gave it an 8/10 (PC).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom