Glass mousepad?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Did glass mousepads just disappeared from the market? I can't seem to find anything, why would the manufactures stop producing them? Because they didn't wear out as quickly as cloth and plastic in comparison? less profit? :confused:

Soldato
Most people say optical/laser interchangeably despite newer mice using better tech, the older opticals wouldn't work right on glass or shiny mats.

Soldato
Just buy a decent plastic one. Had my Razer Vespula for over 5 years now and it just needs a clean every so often. I have only ever used the rough side, so if it did ever wear out or become unusable then I have the smooth/faster side to use :)

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I already had a plastic mousepad from Roccat, it was horrid... I want to try a glass mouse pad. :p

Associate
Ive had a razer exactmat X control for probably about 5 years now, metal with two slightly different textures on either side. Wouldnt change it for anything as Im pretty sure it forms part of my muscle memory now when it comes to gaming

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I am getting the ocuk 3xl soon enough

I still have this mousepad somewhere with rest of my parts, its not that good compared to SS Qck. Too much control and the surface is not evenly smooth through out the surface area... Steelseries are generally really bad, but mousepads are probably one of the better ones. :cool:

Associate
original Icemat (black) i still have and use and love it

i often wondered if a piece of black glass or glass with a black back coating would work as well as.. wasw there anything special about the coating on these?

i cant find to find them for sale anywhere nowdays

Associate
I have the orignal icemat in purple which i found the other night after using a steelseries cloth xl mat i forgot how good these mats are i have no idea why i stoped using the thing!!

They are hightly sort after now going for high prices if they ever apear on ebay.

Not selling mine

Soldato
Did glass mousepads just disappeared from the market? I can't seem to find anything, why would the manufactures stop producing them? Because they didn't wear out as quickly as cloth and plastic in comparison? less profit? :confused:

People probably stopped buying them when the desk cloths came out which are just as good for accuracy. I guess the real killer for the glass ones was that they could be ridiculously loud - at least my Performance MX is on my Icymat is (don't know why I've still got it to be honest).

My cloth at work (can't remember what it is now) doesn't show any wear of any sort other than the left-front corner peeling slightly (it's one of the earlier ones where the cloth must be glued to the foam) and at home I've got a Silverstone RVP01 with stitched edges - it's less 'clothy', and has less resistance than my softer work one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom