bit of advice and new block needed

Soldato
hi

i purchased a ocuk 240 mm value kit last year and built my first loop. i purchased a new case and then a new proton 170 res/pump which doesn't fit in my corsair air without modding it, something i will not attempt, so returned it. i built my loop with new compression fittings and it's leaked. the remaining leak is around the inlet valve on the block and i think i have over tightened the fitting and knackered it. i have removed, replaced with my old fittings and same result. took that off and put a screw plug cap on and still leaks. i contacted OCUK and he said it's my fault which it probably is, but i didn't think you could overtighten.

anyway, i need a new block and i will buy some clamps and use most of my old fitting as, again, it might be me, but fitting the xspc compression fittings is really hard. they seem to be a right pain unless i'm doing it wrong. any tips would be welcomed.

what block shall i get, don;t want to spend a fortune. i have a Z97 mobo. i may upgrade to skylake but not sure yet.

i'd also like a new res/pump combo that WILL fit in my main compartment in my air and have a look - similar to the proton 170 combo but obviously smaller. any recommendations? the single pump res i have - xspc that comes with the value kit, does not allow me to secure it in place as all the holes do not line up.

help!!

or do i sell it all and go back to a AIO cooler again, would be a waste of tubing etc as i like the new loop setup.

Associate
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom