AIBU to just block half of the London numbers?

Caporegime
If I happen to have some free time then I'll keep them talking for a few minutes to save other people. If more people did that then we could help kill their business.

Being abusive to them is probably less effective, while it probably encourages staff turnover as people generally don't like being abused all day there are plenty more people out there willing to bash numbers for min wage.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Got these a week ago. Possibly the best investment yet.

https://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt8600-premium-nuisance-call-blocker---twin-083158-BV9T.html

We have whitelisted key numbers (such as immediate friends, family and mobiles)

How it works is they have to announce themselves to a little robot answering machine, and then it rings it through. However most nuisance callers just instantly hang up.

So far:

14495445_10207226013036144_3366865294928467351_n.jpg

Soldato

https://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt8600-premium-nuisance-call-blocker---twin-083158-BV9T.html

How it works is they have to announce themselves to a little robot answering machine, and then it rings it through. However most nuisance callers just instantly hang up.

My in laws have the same set. Great bit of kit for stopping nuisance calls.

Soldato
I literally don't answer any calls that I either don't recognise the number for or I'm not expecting. I was always under the impression that if I answer them all I'm doing is verifying my number which they will then sell on to other phone botherers...

Man of Honour

So far:

14495445_10207226013036144_3366865294928467351_n.jpg

We have the previous version, the BT8500 dual pack and it was one of the best buys I ever made. We were being bombarded with calls every day, multiple times a day and despite being on the useless TPS they wouldn't stop calling. Got this set and haven't had a single nuisance call since.

Permabanned
My samsung s7 has some built in screening/number lookup thing. Believe it uses Whitepages to id them.

Often comes up with "scam/possible fraud" for dodgy numbers. :) Answered one once out of curiosity and it was a "you have recently been in an accident scam".

Dont know if its possible to get this on other phones?

Soldato
Does my nut in too though I haven't had one for a while. Will check out that app though.

Sometimes I just mess with them now if I have nothing better to do.

After a few minutes they start to ask further details about the accident. They didn't like it very much when I said I can't remember as I was so drunk but I need help in court fighting a suit against the other family who's child died at the scene. Think I still have a recording somewhere :p

Commissario

So far:

We bought the 8910 quad pack a few months ago and it is a godsend, we were getting 12-20 calls a day some days despite being on the TPS list and repeatedly asking to not be called again.

We still get about 4-8 calls a day but the phone puts them through to the answerphone*, and blocks a bunch more.
I think it's blocked about 20 in the last 3 days :)

Unfortunately the scum who do these calls are now starting to use what appear to be local numbers, and things like 0000000001 which means the first one gets through (and is then added to the block list).

*We can't simply block unavailable or international calls as some of the doctors etc use witheld numbers and we've got relatives abroad.

Back
Top Bottom