Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
Hi guys,

looking at purchasing my first drone. Can someone recommended me a drone that has good flight time and gimbal that is around the £100-£300

Have been doing some research and found the upair chase/one or the Eachine Racer 250 from banggood.

Want good range for like 1km-2km with fpv. any better models/recommendations I would appreciate.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah you don't want the racer mate :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGuCMx6eWPU

Really a Phantom would be best but they'll be way above £300 sadly.

Perhaps see if there are any form Yuneec also.

haha looks fun, but im going to use it for my photography.

Im really leaning toward the upair chase/one. but was wonder if there is anything that is cheaper or better for same price.

Caporegime
Any suggestions on the FPV camera and video transmitter for a 250 quad? Also, best OSD option?

Fanks :D

This is decent enough on a budget: Eachine-Falcon-250-FT200-5_8G-200mW-FPV-Transmitter

Get a fair distance on it. I upgraded my cam to a Runcam Swift and it's pretty good.

Not dabbled in OSDs yet sadly.

Do you have a Receiver also for your transmitter yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
This is decent enough on a budget: http://m.banggood.com/Eachine-Falco...PV-Transmitter-Without-Antenna-p-1040711.html

Get a fair distance on it. I upgraded my cam to a Runcam Swift and it's pretty good.

Not dabbled in OSDs yet sadly.

Do you have a Receiver also for your transmitter yet?

I picked up this receiver (not got transmitter yet) - FrSky D4R-II

As for camera, I don't mind spending a little on both the camera and transmitter, I want decent quality over cheapness.

Caporegime
I picked up this receiver (not got transmitter yet) - FrSky D4R-II

As for camera, I don't mind spending a little on both the camera and transmitter, I want decent quality over cheapness.

Dunno how the receiver will go but I assume you've read up on it and if four channels will be okay :)

Cool, well as for the camera a lot of people use HS117 based ones, as said my Swift is pretty decent, look up reviews of it as the mounting can be odd sometimes.

Not sure on vTx's if I'm honest, the one I linked to gets me a fair whack away but if you want further you'll need to go over the mW of the one I linked to

Soldato
Fair game. I have yet to proper understand the difference between PPM etc, something I'll look up when it's need :D

I've done a fair amount of research haha, maybe too much. In short, you put a jumper on said D4R's 3rd and 4th channel. Then use CH1 for the PPM signal, which then handles CH1 ~ CH8 :D

So much better, but you need a transmitter that handles PPM. It's neater and overall a more modern connection method. Or so I've read.

http://www.frsky-rc.com/product/pro.php?pro_id=24

In the above link at the bottom, it shows 8 channels supported. All channels are then handled via the Naze through the CPPM channel. Pretty advanced tech! 10 years ago, this was all but a dream when I looked into heli's haha.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ahhh okay. I can do a similar thing and split a channel in two on my TX, may go down that route eventually.

Off the top of.my head mines Pwm, however as I've flashed to betaflight and out one shot on I've gone from six channels to five.....not a major biggy

Soldato
Sweet :D I've learnt a lot from research, but still have no idea how it all works together etc.

I'm going to start a build thread over on RCGroups.com, I'll post a link and I'll try update this thread as well. Nothing will happen for a few weeks, just discussions over what I have ordered, what is left to order and general advice from others hopefully.

I'll likely start building late October.

On another topic, the Mavic looks AMAZING!!!!

Back
Top Bottom