New essential Android apps thread

Associate
Picked up a cheap Cubot Note S and got the reward App again,it's gone nuts sending me surveys now lol.

260wu4n.png

Don
OP
Are those battery apps useful? My friends use DU Battery Saver but it felt like it had a lot of extra useless fluff. So 2 questions

1. Do they work?
2. If yes, do your recommend anything.

1. No
2. See 1

They do have an effect but with modern Android version that have very good memory management they actually end up using more battery than the save. Apps that would normally be sleeping in the background get killed and thus use loads more battery when they need to be started again.

Let Android do it's thing. Have good stats on your battery is always useful if you have bad battery life.

Soldato
Althought I've not used both, TV Show Favs is usually favoured over SeriesGuide by those that have used both :) I love it myself, love the 'To Do' list. Helps me easily keep track of what to watch next.

Soldato
1. No
2. See 1

They do have an effect but with modern Android version that have very good memory management they actually end up using more battery than the save. Apps that would normally be sleeping in the background get killed and thus use loads more battery when they need to be started again.

Let Android do it's thing. Have good stats on your battery is always useful if you have bad battery life.

Great. Thanks.

Soldato
I can't seem to get the rewards app to work anymore, I had 2 Months of it working, and for the last 3 months I've had 3 surveys :( answers all true, maybe I should I lie on them.

You need to have location settings enabled, it tracks where you've been to give you surveys it thinks it relates to you. So for example if you've been to Tescos, it will ask you how your experience at Tescos has been.

Associate
You need to have location settings enabled, it tracks where you've been to give you surveys it thinks it relates to you. So for example if you've been to Tescos, it will ask you how your experience at Tescos has been.

Definetly true as i got a survey today on Asda and we were at our local Asda only yesterday.

Soldato
Althought I've not used both, TV Show Favs is usually favoured over SeriesGuide by those that have used both :) I love it myself, love the 'To Do' list. Helps me easily keep track of what to watch next.

Any reason why? I've only really used SeriesGuide for the past few years and it does everything I can imagine such an app needing to do!

Associate

I got a survey about what makeup I wear and what it makes me feel. Asked me which brands I knew from a list. I read that if you pretend to be a 30 something female you get more surveys - but I promise I didn't :eek: End of this longer than usual survey I got nothing. But then I know nothing about makeup :p

Associate
My Honor 7 used to have a feature where if you press-hold the multi-tasking key (the square) it would switch to the last used app. This feature was lost with Marshmallow. Is there any app I could use to add this feature back? I don't mind a press-hold or a swipe gesture on any of the soft keys... Thanks!

Soldato
I got a survey about what makeup I wear and what it makes me feel. Asked me which brands I knew from a list. I read that if you pretend to be a 30 something female you get more surveys - but I promise I didn't :eek: End of this longer than usual survey I got nothing. But then I know nothing about makeup :p

Had the same survey yesterday, very odd. Surely Google at least know I'm male, and yes I realise men can wear makeup but this survey was definitely aimed at women. And after 8 questions no reward.

IMG_20160625_WA0006.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Any reason why? I've only really used SeriesGuide for the past few years and it does everything I can imagine such an app needing to do!

Same here though, I've not used Series Guide, but when I hear from people that have used both, they say both are great, but TV Show Favs has the edge.

A few things I like on Favs -

Great looking widget
To Do list (and can be flicked through on the widget)
Trending shows

The first two are really handy. So on the widget, I can scroll through whatever I should be watching next. OITNB ep 11 for example, Hell On Wheels ep 9 etc. So not just what is next or what has just aired, what is next that I've not yet seen from my Favs.

Back
Top Bottom