***The High-Res Screenshot Thread!***

Soldato
Well I got to London and I must say it is has certainly "opened" up and the amount of detail is astonishing, FPS has dropped from 50-60 to 30's, although it varies.

IMO the Lighting isn't that good, not bad, but not up there with fallout 4, GTA 5 etc. imo and I actually feel that it is one of the reasons for the game not looking as good as it could in certain areas, it is too bright/glowy looking at times and gives a washed out appearance, maybe it will change/improve as I get further into the game or perhaps this is just the style that ubi were aiming for. I'm sure someone will improve the colours/contrast of the game with another sweetfx config though....

Assuming that the NPC count, buildings geometry etc. is the reason for the poor performance and the reason for lesser quality textures etc., I would rather them cut back on that and improve the other areas more. Saying that, I'm sure that they could have used better textures as with the last few games i.e. GTA 5, the textures aren't demanding at all i.e. there is little to no difference in performance between various settings:

http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/...ance-guide#grand-theft-auto-v-texture-quality

I think the lighting rather suits the game, I really like those light-soaked streets:p Textures are fine, IMO. Fired up GTA V and it's also lacklustre in this department but still looks pretty good (not as good as I remembered it), though:

7UpbxO.jpg

to8ga8.jpg

CZ0B7P.jpg

iwQzhL.jpg

WbJXZK.jpg

mobyM3.jpg

OFxz6L.jpg

JZFxFR.jpg

PvvKso.jpg

dpJ10X.jpg

Please read the first post. No images larger than 1920x1080

jgZqml.jpg

Sorry, didn't have time to fish for better shots:(

Caporegime
Yeah, some parts of GTA 5 can look rather meh and the shimmering on edges really annoys me, are you using sweetfx?

My GTA 5 screenies:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28385723&highlight=username_Nexus18#post28385723

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28373444&highlight=username_Nexus18#post28373444

I found one of the patches by R* to really sharpen/detail the textures even further as well as improving the weather effects but at the same time, texture popin seems to be more common, don't remember this being an issue on release day...

I think once someone get a sweetfx config to my liking out for ACS, it will look rather stunning.... I read that supposedly there is no anisotropic filtering being applied in ACS either so that could explain the textures looking a bit bland, will try forcing some through AMD CCC later on. The textured brick work on buildings and stones etc. in general looks VERY good when up close though.

Soldato
Yeah, some parts of GTA 5 can look rather meh and the shimmering on edges really annoys me, are you using sweetfx?

My GTA 5 screenies:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28385723&highlight=username_Nexus18#post28385723

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28373444&highlight=username_Nexus18#post28373444

I found one of the patches by R* to really sharpen/detail the textures even further as well as improving the weather effects but at the same time, texture popin seems to be more common, don't remember this being an issue on release day...

I think once someone get a sweetfx config to my liking out for ACS, it will look rather stunning.... I read that supposedly there is no anisotropic filtering being applied in ACS either so that could explain the textures looking a bit bland, will try forcing some through AMD CCC later on. The textured brick work on buildings and stones etc. in general looks VERY good when up close though.

Yeah, I have a sfx profile on, vanilla GTA doesn't look like that. Looks lot better in motion, though.

That CA is awful, wish we could get rid of it.

Caporegime
Yeah the HUD for this game seems to be very much in the centre, more so than other games. It looks worse on 21.9 though since the HUD doesn't change from a 16.9 format and you have the extra FOV on the sides i.e. so with the same image, this is how it would look on a 16.9 display:

aNBMOGAh.jpg

I feel that they could have done better with the HUD as it's pretty bad overall imo, hope someone implements a 21.9 fix, either that or I remove all of it via options :p

Few more quick screenies.

Kx2tpnkh.png.jpg

ISOYKD7h.jpg

Cvi6dGxh.jpg

sjnOlZdh.png.jpg

VH0hik9h.png.jpg

7BnStILh.png.jpg

VRLAF6jh.png.jpg

bEZMJZNh.png.jpg

Finding it really hard to get good screenies of this game, buildings are so damn big and with the low FOV, you have to move so far back in order to get them all in the screen but once you get a certain distance, the low draw distance removes a lot of the detail :( Of course if they had a high draw distance, instead of getting 40-60FPS, we would be getting <15 FPS :D

The detail in the buildings/bricks/walls when up close is really impressive though.

Last edited:
Soldato
MGS V. I love the way this game looks. The lighting, weather system and day/night cycle are all pretty fantastic (sandstorms!). As usual, a lot better in motion, but:

sg0lPq.jpg
DGG9D7.jpg
kssk6a.jpg
3L88fC.jpg
K7ONCk.jpg
vubmYl.jpg

Soldato
Not my pics, just to get that out straight away. Credit goes to HolyFridge on NeoGAF. But I think these need to be shared. These are the best in-game shots I've seen in a video game yet:

Battlefront

0TAb.png

1TAb.png

2TAb.png

Soldato
Those two battlefront shots of the treestump and tie fighter look really good!

Here's a few random from me

et0fStV.png

ei6gyxx.png

Crysis 1 Amazonian Jungle map

o1snv.jpg

1GMyE.jpg

sUWDo.jpg

OdFJT.jpg

0E5Cr.jpg

W4ktM.jpg

A Russian Jet being shot down :o (DCS World)

4DsuWJs.png

tKGEnt8.png

wi6dN0U.png

Please read the first post. No images larger than 1920x1080

Soldato
Brilliant game Skyfall, I absolutely love it!

What does everyone use to take their screenshots? I was using MSI AB but realised tonight how much it ruins the image quality, even on 100%.

I have a few other options like bandicam and Shadowplay but just thought I would ask in case there was a main one everyone used

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom