Sociable Soccer

Soldato
Sensi with a Zipstick joystick was the best thing around for the time.

Does anyone remember a demo disk that shipped with Amiga Power which loaded a one-off game between England and West Germany, with a bomb replacing the ball? It would periodically starting pulsating and flash red, explode, then take out all nearby players! Top stuff!

I remember that :D

Associate
Spent so much of my youth playing SS and SWOS. Still gotta be my fav football game ever. Although there was a rip off of it where dogs would run onto the pitch and you would get the odd streaker which was also really fun.

For £12 quid I am hoping they get this right!

Associate
Got to agree its a terrible name, still I hope it comes good, dont care much for fifa or pes these days & spent many happy hours playing custom leagues with friends who are now to settled with families to be having get togethers as much as we used to, a 10 min online game could be good for us.

Soldato
The one they released recently flopped massively because they tried to change so much with it. Stupid big heads and the gameplay just wasn't the same.

This still doesn't look right as it looks like they've gone over the top with effects rather than concentrating on the core gameplay. Make SWoS HD and I'm sure everyone would be happy.

M.

Soldato
The one they released recently flopped massively because they tried to change so much with it. Stupid big heads and the gameplay just wasn't the same.

This still doesn't look right as it looks like they've gone over the top with effects rather than concentrating on the core gameplay. Make SWoS HD and I'm sure everyone would be happy.

M.

MAke it SWOS with some of the football manager league stuff and player improvement stuff but with the same small pixelated men and I would be a happy camper.

Soldato
I still play it on the Amiga. The football manager in SWoS I quite liked (though hated the players dropping price wise so quickly - even though they were scoring every game).

M.

Soldato
I still play it on the Amiga. The football manager in SWoS I quite liked (though hated the players dropping price wise so quickly - even though they were scoring every game).

M.

Pro tip: you were playing them out of position.

You need to custom edit the formation so that they get a tick (or, at least, not a cross) for every one of the ball positions. There are some players who still lose value (fussy gits) but not many. Once you have the "perfect" formation, you can tweak it for different players, who might have slightly different preferences, but it doesn't need much maintenance.

Obviously, you have to balance all that with how you like your players to act when you're actually playing the matches, but there is usually decent room for positioning even within the need to get a tick.

Soldato
Wow.

Honestly thought that was always a bug, seriously depressing buying the likes of zola and bergkamp for mega bucks, then having them drop to a paltry million.

I remember well that coverdisk with the fixes, living in hope that it would solve that one... at last now I know why it didn't.

Cheers for that.

Soldato
Wow.

Honestly thought that was always a bug, seriously depressing buying the likes of zola and bergkamp for mega bucks, then having them drop to a paltry million.

I remember well that coverdisk with the fixes, living in hope that it would solve that one... at last now I know why it didn't.

Cheers for that.

Ha, yeah it's bloody annoying when your star players degrade so badly. It's fair to say it's much more enjoyable when your players actually appreciate in value :D

Found the solution out myself by fiddling around back in the day. I guess these days you'd be able to get it all from online guides but you were pretty much on your own back then. One of my friends, who played it even more than I did, reckoned the players actually lost ability together with their reduced values - basically losing stars off their ratings. Can't say I was tuned in enough to notice, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Back
Top Bottom