840 pro not showing in disk management

Soldato
Just reinstalled Windows and it will pick up my Sandisk ssd. I've managed to install Windows on that one. But my 840 pro won't. Appear it shows in Samsung magician, bios and device manager. However it won't show in this PC or disk management. I've unselected hide empty drives in file explorer and still nothing. Changed the sata port too.

Anyone got any ideas?

Associate
Hi Snookums.

Can you try the SSD with a different computer to see if the same issue still persists? If not I'd recommend that you at least try to test it with a diagnostic tool and see if anything alarming pops-up.
You could also check for an available firmware update for that SSD model and install it, to see if it fixes things up.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD

Associate
One of my HDDs suddenly disappeared from Windows, no warnings from CrystalDiskInfo - it appeared healthy just a week ago.
The drive showed in the bios but not in Windows disk management. I've got it back though - found a fix on another forum...

1. go to Control Panel > System and security > Administrative Tools
2. select Windows memory diagnostic

PC will reboot, run diagnostic and restart
Although no errors were found my HDD is now working in Windows just like before. Have no idea how this (easy) fix works but it has done the trick for me and many others - hopefully it'll work for you too.

Back
Top Bottom