• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2x Q6600's - which one do I keep?

Soldato
Hey guys,

I've cobbled together an old 775 build for archiving and I'm left with a choice of processor. Both the same but which is the keeper? I know one of the chips well and could never get an overclock out of it but I'm not worried about that now anyway... the second chip might not have ever been used for all I know! Is there a way to tell from the codes which is newer etc.?

Untitled.png

^^ That's compound before anyone says anything.

Both 'G0' chips which is good from what I recall :p

Thanks.

Man of Honour
Only way to find out really it to try them even if one is from a good batch it might not be that great and vice versa. Though less of an issue if you won't be overclocking.

Permabanned
The one on the left is the newer one, it was manufactured in 2008 week 5 the one on the right is from 2007 week 42.

They are both G0 as they're SLACR so it's anybody's guess how well they overclock. As you know one is not good I'd be inclined to try the other one. Odds are it won't be worse. Most decent Q6600 did ~3.2Ghz on stock volts.

Permabanned
I suspect it's your motherboard holding you back, exactly what model is it? I would have gone with what Jumper118 said and kept the L7 ;)

Edit. Definitely the motherboard!

Soldato
OP
I suspect it's your motherboard holding you back, exactly what model is it? I would have gone with what Jumper118 said and kept the L7 ;)

Edit. Definitely the motherboard!
I'm keeping the left-hand one, that's not the L7 though is it?

If I get desperate to overclock in the future then, I know it's my mobo :D

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom