HAHAHA - No more advertising with pre-rendered footage?

Soldato
Sadly it just restricts adverts shown on British TV. They can still show CG footage at game expos, in magazines as 'screenshots', as trailers, adverts in other countries etc.

Permabanned
ben_j_davis said:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=14891

I have to laugh, possibly the end to all pre-rendered footage when advertising games. This might be a problem for Sony with the release of PS3 games as according to a few sources most of the new games are 'get em out titles'.

I like how you got your dig at Sony and the PS3 in there even though the article isn't about them ;)

By the sounds of it this is good news :) It is naughty misrepresenting pre-rendered footage as actual gameplay, in adverts.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
I like how you got your dig at Sony and the PS3 in there even though the article isn't about them ;)

By the sounds of it this is good news :) It is naughty misrepresenting pre-rendered footage as actual gameplay, in adverts.

How was that a dig at Sony? It was just a statement which was relevant to the article?

I wonder how strict the regulation will be for this ruling?

Associate
Another thing i have noticed is that adverts sometimes use real in game footage but tarted up to look smoother and sharper all camps are doing this 2 that spring to mind are GT4 on the PS2 and PGR3 on the 360 allthough i must say that the 360 advert was a lot closer to the real thing then the PS2 advert

Permabanned
well i dont think PGR3 looks anywhere near as good as the 'ingame' vids at E3 suggested, the replay shots were touted as ingame an the car models from the garage viewer marketed as the ingame models. so it aint just sony is it>

Soldato
Ultra_Extreme said:
well i dont think PGR3 looks anywhere near as good as the 'ingame' vids at E3 suggested, the replay shots were touted as ingame an the car models from the garage viewer marketed as the ingame models. so it aint just sony is it>

Exactly right, everyone does it to heighten anticipation of hardware and software releases whether its pc or console we are talking about.

Glad we have finally made it law, even though I hope it will become world wide to get the industry on the right lines.

Soldato
Wrathamon said:
Yeap - and the advert on telly has 'Not Actual Game Footage' or something shown on screen.

Really? Never noticed that. Cheeky.

Suppose thats how they can get around it.

A bit lame them showing CGI for GRAW. In game the visual are stunning.

Associate
The footage sony showed of '8 days' or whatever it's called really hacked me off the other day, blatent pre-rendered video and they of course forgot to mention that, they even included a ammo bar to pretend it was real.

Back
Top Bottom