• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900 Collated Reviews Thread

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
looks like 7900 gtx and x1900xtx are pretty similar, yet when ani and aa are applied, maybe ati wins on this ? my french is terible and the diagrams were not the best to see clearly !!!

Soldato
I don't mean to sound like a grouch but I'm not sure about that review. If I was reading it correctly, then even at high resolutions a 256MB 7900GT was beating a 512MB XT even at higher resolutions on some things (BF2 and others). For what is essentially just a speed bumped 256MB 7800GTX, does this ring true, especially given the 3DMark scores. I await a good review but if those are correct, then it looks promising on the nV front :).

Soldato
looks pretty good, although my french is not the best lol.

From what I could tell from the numbers the 7900GT performs around 10% faster than the 7800gt (so 7800GTX performance) and the 7900GTX is still slightly behind the X1900XTX.

Just thought I would add I don't see any graphs for some reason (at work) so I can only go by the text.

kbc

kbc

Associate
From my understanding, just looking at the graphs, it looks about even... at points ATi does better and at points Nvidia does better...

Associate
OP
smids said:
I don't mean to sound like a grouch but I'm not sure about that review. If I was reading it correctly, then even at high resolutions a 256MB 7900GT was beating a 512MB XT even at higher resolutions on some things (BF2 and others). For what is essentially just a speed bumped 256MB 7800GTX, does this ring true, especially given the 3DMark scores. I await a good review but if those are correct, then it looks promising on the nV front :).

I didn't "read" much of it since my french is not too great, I just scanned read the text. But, are you sure you weren't looking at the 7900GT SLI numbers? :p On the graphs, the 7900GT only beats a x1900xt at 1024 resolutions.

Soldato
kbc said:
From my understanding, just looking at the graphs, it looks about even... at points ATi does better and at points Nvidia does better...
Yeah, having had a second look, it does seem that way. Some results look a bit off but on the whole seems ok. Can't wait for Anandtech though tbh.

Soldato
Fx-Overlord said:
I didn't "read" much of it since my french is not too great, I just scanned read the text. But, are you sure you weren't looking at the 7900GT SLI numbers? :p On the graphs, the 7900GT never beats a x1900xt
Positive - BF2 is one example but there are a few where it was on par with the XT but not as many as I previously thought.

It does seem that nV have done very well though from what I read (I can rely on my french ;)).

Associate
OP
smids said:
Positive - BF2 is one example but there are a few where it was on par with the XT but not as many as I previously thought.

It does seem that nV have done very well though from what I read (I can rely on my french ;)).

Oh, i never noticed that LOL

I guess if your going to play at that high resolution and its thundering along at 250fps then you'll probably add AF and AA anyway, so perhaps the score with AA and AF is a better indication of performance :)

Soldato
Fx-Overlord said:
Oh, i never noticed that LOL

I guess if your going to play at that high resolution and its thundering along at 250fps then you'll probably add AF and AA anyway, so perhaps the score with AA and AF is a better indication of performance :)
Very true - and then when you add the AA and AF, it really does show, doesn't it?

Apart from the GT fan which will give the ATi stock fan a run for it's money in the vacuum soundalike contest, it's looking good.

I CANNOT wait to see a 7900GTX 700/1800 in action - I mean, just OMG!!!

Permabanned
im getting 12,108 in 3d05 and 5,400 in 3d06 with my stock xtx and 146 @ 3ghz. and we all know 06 loves dual core. so lets see have the 7900's compare once the benchmarks start flowing. :D

Associate
Never trusted the french. Awaiting an english review/well known reviewer. Those results look a wee bit dodgey and no Crossfire either. I wouldnt be surprised if they were made by NV themselves.

Back
Top Bottom