Chirac Spits his Dummy

Man of Honour
Hehe. Anything that annoys the french will always get my support. Chirac acts like a spolt child and such behaviour is not acceptable from a leader of one of the worlds most important countries.

English is the language of business and international communication and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Just in the same way that international business is mainly carried out in dollars, the EU (read France) chose to use the term Euro instead of European Dollar despite having to be forced to have parity with the almighty dollar.

Eventually the whole world will have to speak English and use dollars and what a better time that will be.

Man of Honour
Berserker said:
Chirac is a well-known English hater. He hates English food, English language, etc. I'm not in the slightest bit surprised.
Didn't he once say that the only food worse than English was Finnish. Thereby upsetting both countries in one sentence. :p

Soldato
I like at least one French chappy, the rest I am quite indifferent towards, I can understand why people would want to protect their culture but in international circle where power and influence are the order of the day you want to have as many people as possible understand you, this pettiness is going to make him look like a berk, more bon homie thats what we need and maybe some joie de vive :)

MB

Man of Honour
AJUK said:
Didn't he once say that the only food worse than English was Finnish. Thereby upsetting both countries in one sentence. :p

He did and he was wrong, Finnish food isn't bad at all although it can be a bit bland. I'll give him marks for the ability to insult multiple nations in one sentence though :)

//edit I think a bit of perspective is required here from him as well, Latin used to be the 'lingua franca' of international relations, these things come and go so you can adapt or be left behind.

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Kronologic said:
The french do seem a bit arrogant, they should be a bit more humble to their english speaking counterparts. They would be speaking german otherwise.
Maybe that's why they dislike the English?? It offends their Gallic pride to have had their nuts hauled out of the fire by the English ..... not to mention a lot of other nations as well.

Or it may have something to do with about a thousand years of on-off warfare. We're currently in an 'off' phase ............... I think. :D

Caporegime
AJUK said:
Hehe. Anything that annoys the french will always get my support. Chirac acts like a spolt child and such behaviour is not acceptable from a leader of one of the worlds most important countries.

English is the language of business and international communication and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
German is one of the most used languages in European business - Courtesy of our friends at Germany Inc. (as it is known). English is more the language of international diplomacy, air taffic and pop.
AJUK said:
Just in the same way that international business is mainly carried out in dollars
Not strictly true - there is plenty of USD denominated oil business, but that's where it ends - bothe GBP, and EUR are traded as reservce currencies.
AJUK said:
the EU (read France) chose to use the term Euro instead of European Dollar despite having to be forced to have parity with the almighty dollar.
N'uh uh - the eurodollar already referred to non-domestic dollar denominated bonds, so the euro (the plural of which means urine in greek) was coined (no pun intended). There has never been any forced parity with the dollar, as any analysis will show.
AJUK said:
Eventually the whole world will have to speak English and use dollars and what a better time that will be.
God, I hope not - some homogenous, characterless NuCulture, with no flavour or nuance.

I've just re-read my post, and it looks as though I'm jumping down your throat, which wasn't my intention. Sorry :)

Caporegime
AJUK said:
Don't get me started - French do good food at the lower end - Just compare their motorway service stations with ours.

But the rest of it?

Put it this way - If you don't like duck, you're screwed.

What about the Austrians and Germans - their food has to be the vilest no swearing - not even in German that I have had the misfortune to have gegessened.

Man of Honour
I have but one thing to say:

Buahahhaahahahahahahahahhhh

About time reallly. They never speak English in Eurovision.... Wogan interviewing Chirac with this guy doing the points announcing for France, I can see it now :cool:

Soldato
When you people say English food what exactly do you mean ?

are you talking about Sunday dinner, Jellied eels and pork scratchings?

If so French food is way better.

Soldato
Nah, arrogant French ****. He’s just sore as he lost the 2012 games, although in all fairness they shouldn't have… Not withstanding he hates anything English anyhow.

What’s the French word for “va va Dummy..”..!!

Back
Top Bottom