New xbox 360 dashboard details

Associate
Some of the actual articles have been removed but least we get an idea of what the new xbox 360 dashboard update well bring.

background downloads

boot to dash

MS

:D

Soldato
Interesting to note that article 919421 (how to work with your active downloads list) says that the update was scheduled for 23rd May 2006! Well they've missed that :p

Hopefully this isnt gonna be the new street fighter 2

Associate
I presume its a dash setting that always boots to the dash even if a game disc is in the drive. Currently if a disc is present at boot it goes straight into the game.

Soldato
Kalsius said:
I presume its a dash setting that always boots to the dash even if a game disc is in the drive. Currently if a disc is present at boot it goes straight into the game.

Ya Rly.

Very handy feature, I have to turn the system on with the eject button everytime at the moment.

Caporegime
Kalsius said:

Yup highly annoying i find it, soon as i put a game in..it boots straight into the game lol:p.

Good features though, im looking forward to this when they finally release it:). Background downloading is the one im most looking forward to:).

Soldato
Almost certain it will be required.

There will be hidden security updates included in it I would imagine, so they will want everyone who can connect to Live to have to get the update.

Associate
Nismo said:
Almost certain it will be required.

There will be hidden security updates included in it I would imagine, so they will want everyone who can connect to Live to have to get the update.

Quite apart from people all using the same version of software, fixing bugs and improving the customer experience....Next they'll be installing a feature to allow the NSA to track all our voice comms I suppose...............

Only joshing :D

Soldato
I like the system so far, really really sleek, one system so its relatively easy to keep it bug free and secure.

This console shows a awful lot of potential.

Loving King Kong at the moment!

Soldato
The dash is lovely, when my mates came over to see the 360 when I first got it, I the dash is what impressed everyone the most.

It will definitely be handy to boot to the dash. But the active download is the thing I am most looking forward to - at last I can play games while downloading stuff. I can finally get around to downloading stuff I never got around to before because it tied up the console. I hope there is some kind of download stack - although I doubt it :(

Back
Top Bottom