Spec Me A Racing Wheel

Soldato
'lo all... i've gotten into racing sims a fair bit now, and have started enjoying F1 Challenge 99-02 as well as a few others :)

i'm very tempted to get a wheel... i'm using a Logitech Rumble Pad II at the moment (using both analogue sticks... left for throttle/break, right for steering).

would the Logitech MOMO meet my needs? is it worth its (rather hefty) pricetag when compared to other wheels?

how does it compare to say the "Logitech Formula Vibration Feedback Wheel (GC-014-LG)" or the "Logitech Formula Force Ex Steering Wheel (GC-013-LG)"

both also sold by OcUK.... is it really worth double the pricetag of these other wheels?

i'm a casual gamer, well... that is to say i play a HECK of a lot of video games but as far as what game i'm playing... it is whatever has captured my mind at that point in time. i'm always playing video games, but i'm not stuck on one particular game for too long. however if its decent enough then it does get my attention a lot more than others - which i feel this F1 game will do, as the mods out there for it are incredible :D

cheers for any advice

Zip

Zip

Soldato
The best on the market is Logitech Driving Force Pro IIRC :)

Step up to the Logitech Driving Force Pro and experience more realism, more intensity, and more fun than ever before on your PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. With 900 degrees of wheel rotation and a rack and pinion steering system, the Driving Force Pro duplicates the true-to-life steering dynamics of race cars. The rubber wheel, sequential stick shifter, and responsive gas and brake pedals all combine for an incredible level of performance. Add in today's best force feedback technology and you have the most advanced, most authentic driving experience in gaming.
Comfortable, full rubber wheel realistically turns 2-1/2 times lock-to-lock. See a list of games that support 900 Degree Steering mode.
Automatically switches to 200 Degree Steering compatibility mode to work with other racing games
State-of-the-art force feedback technology lets you feel all the action
Textured floorboard features responsive gas and brake pedals and exclusive no-slip carpet grip system
Sequential stick shifter, wheel-mounted paddle shifters, and a full set of PlayStation® buttons give you all the control you need

Its a PS2 wheel but i think it works on the PC aswell :)

Soldato
Driving force pro is brilliant. Race in rFactor, F1 Challenge, GTR, GTL and NetKar Pro using it. Can be had for about £65 delivered next day.

Steve

Associate
their will be a big difference from Logitech Formula Vibration Feedback Wheel to the Logitech Formula Force Ex Steering Wheel, as the fact the EX has force feedback, the main differences from say the Ex to the more expensive MOMO will be build quality and how precise the wheel feels, if you want a nice quality whel that feels very solid go for the momo, but if you just want a bog standard FFB then really nothing wrong with the Ex id imagine, i have the older Logitech formula force wheel, which i believe was replaced by the Ex wheel?, and its a fine wheel if your on a budget, but personally id go for the MOMO :)

Soldato
OP
price wasn't a huge factor tbh... start my new job on monday so shall have a fair wad of cash coming in.

its just that it odd seeing a game controller cost £80~ when there are some that pretty much look the same for £40~... hopefully this will be something that lasts (durability wise) can wait to have a blast on a wheel now... been ages since i played a video game with a wheel :o

just noticed the cool thing they've added to the MOMO wheel, the fact you can change the gear nob from the right hand side to the left hand side... kinda cool... but tbh who is going to use it when you've got gear flippers??

Back
Top Bottom