wheres a good place to dine in central Bath Spa

tbs

tbs

Associate
as some know i made a thread about wheather to go to bath spa or oxford, and i decided on taking my gf to bath for a couple of days as a surprise and treat for her.

now that ive decieded the place, i was wondering does anyone know where theres good resturants to dine out in the evening in central bath? its has to be within central bath, cause i dont have a car, so i just have to use a taxi if its a little more out the way then central :p

shes a vegeterian, so a place with varitey of food would be good. nothing of the sort of pub or bar, just resturant. so far i have found 2 places that sounds and looks quite good, I'l Tocco D'Italia, and the Thai Balcony, if anyone has been to either of them tell me what you think:)

more suggestions are welcome:p

Man of Honour
When we tried to go to the Thai Balcony they "lost" our booking!

Nandos and Feast are fantastic places, as is Iguanas. Not too hot on good vegetarian suggestions though, but most places should have a decent selection - ask them :)

tbs

tbs

Associate
OP
sorry for replying late, been busy gettin everything ready for tomorrow, when she coems down :p.

cool, i have a look at these and see if i can them on the net, whats *** Bath Priory like? is it very posh or just formal/posh? and whats the prices like?

tbs

tbs

Associate
OP
skiba said:
budget? There are some fantastic places just outside (bath priory for example), depends if you want to drive.

no car, but if its close enough for a taxi then it doesnt matter. budget not thought of one, doesnt matter "that" much as long as its not stupidly expensive for a tiny meal

alx

alx

Soldato
The Moon and Sixpence is very nice and is somewhere I would recommend to eat. It's not the cheapest place, but the food is very good for the price in my view. Here is a website with the address and phone number if you want it: http://www.bathshopping.co.uk/moonandsixpence.htm

Nandos is ok but the portions are fairly small and while Feast wasn't bad, there is an all you can eat chinese restaurant in The Podium that is cheaper and arguably serves better food.

Apart from the normal chains, and various chinese/indian restaurants the only other restaurant I have been to is the Olive Tree, but that is very expensive.

Edit: Just found this link, maybe of use to you: http://www.bathshopping.co.uk/wineanddine.htm

Last edited:

tbs

tbs

Associate
OP
sh4rk said:
The Moon and Sixpence is very nice and is somewhere I would recommend to eat. It's not the cheapest place, but the food is very good for the price in my view. Here is a website with the address and phone number if you want it: http://www.bathshopping.co.uk/moonandsixpence.htm

Nandos is ok but the portions are fairly small and while Feast wasn't bad, there is an all you can eat chinese restaurant in The Podium that is cheaper and arguably serves better food.

Apart from the normal chains, and various chinese/indian restaurants the only other restaurant I have been to is the Olive Tree, but that is very expensive.

Edit: Just found this link, maybe of use to you: http://www.bathshopping.co.uk/wineanddine.htm

thanks :), im stayin in one of the travel lodges in central bath, so im not sure how far everything is, and this is mine and her first time going to bath, so sorry if im asking too many questions!

alx

alx

Soldato
The moon and sixpence is in the centre of Bath, and is about 200m or less away (I think). Just google map both postcodes, the sixpence postcode is in the first link. Price wise I just found this as I couldn't remember myself:
Lunch: 2 courses from £8.50. Dinner: 3 courses approx £25 - this is the set menu I think so you don't have quite as much choice.
It's also normaly quite busy so if you want to go you should book asap

If you've got any questions feel free to ask :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Everywhere is close in Bath :D

A 10min walk will get you from the edge of town (where the new Holiday Inn is, opposite Sainsbury's) to the centre :D

There's also a Lebanese restaurant in the Podium which is supposed to be quite nice, I haven't been there though :)

alx

alx

Soldato
Hehe true, except the outskirts are on the sides of the valley so I wouldn't want to walk to the olive tree for example :o. I know the Lebanese restaurant you mean beansprout, it's always looked nice when I've gone to Ocean perl

tbs

tbs

Associate
OP
thanks guys, i REALLY appreciate all this recommendations, its making this a lot easier, if everything is based in the center of Bath, looks like i might not need a taxi for most places :p

is there still a bus tour that goes round bath that you can get on and off whenever you like, got told this by my sister and she said it was pretty good, if everything is close, is walking a good idea to explore the place?

also theres these gardens that bushes are cut up like animals or something, is that still open or there?

Soldato
There is a central hotel called The Francis on the Square. The resturant even has an old pianiast dude who leaves a single malt on the piano for effect, very cool indeed. I take all my ladies there :D

Associate
Beansprout said:
There's also a Lebanese restaurant in the Podium which is supposed to be quite nice, I haven't been there though :)
Don't go out of your way to try it - I thought it was pretty foul when I went. All of the flavours had been toned down for English tastes, and whilst not necessariy a bad thing for most, I think it was done in such a way that everything ended up flavourless and boring. If you have ever had the opportunity to experience the proper cuisine you will leave disappointed. If you do go I suggest you order from the main menu rather than ust going for the mezze buffet.

Perhaps the Indians and Lebanese restaurants being suggested aren't the best idea if he has anything planned for later on in the evening :p ;).

Associate
tbs said:
is there still a bus tour that goes round bath that you can get on and off whenever you like, got told this by my sister and she said it was pretty good, if everything is close, is walking a good idea to explore the place?

Yea there is, they seem to run more often than the local services!

If you really want to treat the lady well, take her to marmaris on pulteney bridge, it'll be a true experience for you both I promise ;).

Back
Top Bottom