Hi, New To Forums And Need Some Help

Associate
Hi,

I have not just registered just for the help im hoping to become one with the community as well. :)

I built my first custom computer a few weeks ago into a really old case and everything worked fine.

On friday i purchased a ThermalTake Tsunami Case in black. I moved everything over but the CD Drives do not get picked up.

Here is the weird thing!!!

When i plug just power to it, it opens fine but when i connect the IDE cable to it and then to the motherboard nothing happens and the BIOS does not pick it up! (All strange as it worked in the old case and i have done nothing different)

I have tried 2 other IDE cables and one other drive.

The only thing i can think i have done is damaged the mobo during transfer unless you lot can think of something :confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Soldato
Are you using it on the right connector on the ide cable ie. Master or Slave as it was previously? All the jumpers correct? Does it show up in Device Manager or Disk Management?

EDIT: I doubt this could happen but is the ide connector plugged in the right way round?

Associate
OP
The top drive is set the Master on the jumpers and it looks to be connected properly.

I guess in device manager it will be under Disk Drives - which it only shows the HDD

Back
Top Bottom