upload error

Soldato
[03:31:19] + Attempting to get work packet
[03:31:19] - Connecting to assignment server
[03:31:50] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[03:31:50] + Could not connect to Assignment Server
[03:32:20] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[03:32:20] + Could not connect to Assignment Server 2
[03:32:20] + Couldn't get work instructions.
[03:32:20] - Error: Attempt #6 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.

currently have three threads doing this???? :confused:
and they are taking up lots of bandwidth :( can't even start a new thread as same message appears!!!

started yesterday anyone else having problems?

Soldato
OP
The WUs WAIT of the perticular server is Red - don't know what that means but coloured areas normally mean somthings wrong aka 'server down yellow'
So all you folders out their with 775 & 776's watch out (and I've got an office full :mad: )

edit: tryed opening another thread again - this time without core 78 in the folder - linked to different server, download core 82 and back to double threads again :)

*should have done that yesterday but was to tired to think straight*

Last edited:
Soldato
hmmm well server 138 which handles those WUs does seem to have been quite heavily loaded according to the server status logs

the odd thing though is that literally 10 minutes before you posted one of my rigs finished a 775, uploaded it first try, then got a new 774 from the same server first try - that was all on port 8080 so I don't know if that would make a difference

without the -verbosity 9 flag it's quite hard to determine where the problem lies :o
glad you've managed to get new work now anyway :)

Soldato
shadowscotland said:
three of the four units now uploaded (one still not accepting) :confused:

Servers are just trying to keep me on my toes :p
it is possible that it was uploaded but your machine didn't receive the confirmation message, then when it tries to upload again the server has already had it so tells your machine to just naff off and annoy someone else :p

as long as you've managed to get new work now just give it time and it'll either upload later or it'll just time out (if already uploaded anyway) and will sort itself out further down the line - it will only retry an autoupload every 6 hours so shouldn't affect your connection much at all :)

Soldato
OP
considering EOC say's i've submitted 0 workunits atall today :eek: I'm guessing it's hit all my farm as well as my home pc. but then again stanford says I'm up 1000points so maybe my work pc's uploaded in the last three hours as did my home pc....

what ever very poor set of weekend results.

Soldato
shadowscotland said:
considering EOC say's i've submitted 0 workunits atall today :eek: I'm guessing it's hit all my farm as well as my home pc. but then again stanford says I'm up 1000points so maybe my work pc's uploaded in the last three hours as did my home pc....

what ever very poor set of weekend results.
10 WUs just popped onto EOC for almost 1000 points :)

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=187691

edit: as EOC only updates every 3 hours and the data it comes from isn't updated too frequently either you can seem to lose WUs for several hours accoridng to EOC :o
edit2: these new WUs seem to be doing very well - they should be out soon I'm sure :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
yep spotted that (thanks for pointing it out) - massive down time on 13pc's still - but then again that's why i run two threads on each. So if something like this happens its 100% on second thread.
If i drop lots more WU early tomorrow it's not been a total waste. I'll check tomorrow morning on progress.

Soldato
diogenese said:
There has been a bit of a delay with EOC stats, I finished 2 woos at 10am and 1pm and they have only just shown up on EOC, they were credited on Stanfords site on time as usual :confused:
ah yes - same here

I finished 3 small WUs at various times this afternoon and all have just appeared in the same EOC update - no mention of it in the EOC news but then it would be unlikely he'd post something there until after it had been sorted out (if it is EOC of course - could have just as easily been the all users stats page not being updated by Stanford)

edit: I hope you haven't lost too much production - I've not had any problems connecting for new work or uploading recently, every one seems to have gone through first time :confused:

Soldato
OP
Works got broadband too (on a 56k dial up here) so might be that affecting things.

but 10 WU in a day on 30+ threads it not good (or then again i might arrive at work tomorrow to find all machines crunching big pointer WU)

Did i tell anyone I'm an eternal optermist :D

edit: thanks for the linky rich (what would we do without you) five gold stars *****

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well back at the farm now (aka work), and on first inspection it looks as if 5 threads were affected, all WU now uploaded (most on boot) so not as bad as it could have been (optimism rules) - also ECO stats have been amended to show at 1700points total for me yesterday.

And just broken the 40k mark, as Babyface would say Yay me :D

Soldato
whenever I get those issues I just restart the service and all is well.
anyone know if its posable to make a shortcut to restart/stop/start a service on remote PCs over a network?

Soldato
VeNT said:
whenever I get those issues I just restart the service and all is well.
anyone know if its posable to make a shortcut to restart/stop/start a service on remote PCs over a network?

You could always write a batch file and have it run on a schedule

Code:
echo off
net stop "insert service name"
net start "insert service name"

Dunc

Soldato
dunc said:
You could always write a batch file and have it run on a schedule

Code:
echo off
net stop "insert service name"
net start "insert service name"

Dunc

nah I meen like a desktop shortcut, so I could just click it when FAHMon shows the clients having issues,
can you even do remote service restarts on windows 2000?

Soldato
OP
Back to the original topic ;)

All thread have now uploaded, even an extra WU that I missed (thread downloaded new WU without uploading previous - a first for home rig :D )

Edit: btw its happened at work before but not at home, before anyone posts that, that's normal :D

Back
Top Bottom