E6300 Cooling?

Associate
Im geting a e6300 OEM at some point this week and im not shure what CPU cooler to get with it. It will have to fit into a thermaltake tsunami dream case, on a ds4 modo. Im a noob at overclocking CPUs but im going to have a go with this one.
I have been looking at :
Scythe Miné Quiet Heatpipe CPU Cooler
Scythe Ninja Plus Heatpipe CPU Cooler (To big??)
Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Gigabyte G-Power Pro

Are there an other ones i should check out?
Witch one do you think would be the best for me?

Associate
Hi R3323, I'm using a Zalman CNPS9500-AT Aero Flower with exactly the same CPU and mobo along with some artic silver paste. I dont know how this compares to the coolers you listed but it seems to be keeping things nice and cool. CPU is currently clocked to 3.3Ghz.

Cheers,

Dusty.

Associate
most people will say that the Scythe Ninja Plus is the best, and it will certainly keep your cpu cool for overclocking.

I use the Therlmatalke Big Typhoon. Basically I got it on a deal and was pretty cheap. Running my E6300 at 3.22ghz and temps around 39-41C and 49C Load at moment. So its doing a good job. Was easy to fit and is quite queit.

Associate
I'm using a Zalman CNPS7700-ALCU, but that was chosen more for its silence than for its overclocking potential, however is keeps my e6300 at between 29-30 idle and 35 at full load with a very mild overclock of 2ghz and due to its size it also cools the northbridge even a stick of my ram as well.

Associate
I was going to order a ninja... but theyre still out of stock. How well does the mini perform and if its... not so good will the big typhoon fit into a pc7 ?

I know how close my artic freezer is to my 9800XT in my old system i dont really want them to be wedged against each other. Also going to be using a DS4 .

Associate
I found it fairly straight forward, theres kind of support bracket thats fits to the reverse of the board to give extra support, a plastic chassis that the actual heatsink mounts to on the front side of the board and a tensioning bracket to secure the heatsink in place. 6 screws in all and took me about 15-20 mins to complete including applying thermal paste, although the thermal paste that ships with the cooler doesnt look too clever, I always tend to use artic silver. If you go to the Zalman website and follow the link on the left for Intel CPU's there's an instalation movie that shows very clearly how it's installed.

Cheers,

Dusty.

Associate
Dusty,

Am thinking of picking up your fan or the Ninja to run with a similar setup (though still undecided on an E6300 or E6600). What sort of temps are you getting on your CPU with your zalman? Also, how hot is the mobo NB chipset getting whilst running at such a high FSB?

How are you finding performance with the o/c'ed 6300? I'm upgrading from an x2 4400+ (in a shuttle and running at stock speed: 2.2ghz) and want to make sure I'm going to benefit from the change over! :p

Back
Top Bottom