Terror Plot Foiled

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Just been listening to this on the news.
I hope knowone is flying today as it has brought in all kinds of security alerts nationwide.
Looks like we may be the next main target.

No hand luggage to be taken on the plane At All. New rule.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Associate
Energize said:
Thats just used to cause paranoia, I don't think it ever goes down.

It was set to severe before this morning - so it has changed. However, I'm not sure how it's supposed to effect my dayly life and what exactly the point of it is.

Soldato
Jimmeh said:
It was set to severe before this morning - so it has changed. However, I'm not sure how it's supposed to effect my dayly life and what exactly the point of it is.
Just 'beware'! It's a bit like the beware falling rocks road sign... how does that effect your driving?

Suspended
clv101 said:
Just 'beware'! It's a bit like the beware falling rocks road sign... how does that effect your driving?

Says Jimmy Carr.

My parents were today flying from Barcelona to Birmingham ... looks like there might be a small delay now.

Associate
Spacky said:
Wonder whose going to get their house bashed in today...

...then apologised to tomorrow.

As many people as they feel they need to I hope. These are times were maybe we have to sacrifice the odd bit of privacy for the greater safety of others.

Man of Honour
Oh bloody great. Considering I spend my life travelling my stress levels are going to go through the roof. :rolleyes: I get delayed enough by bloody inefficient airports - this is *just* what I need... not. And people actually find airports and flights exciting and fun?!

Associate
clv101 said:

Probably makes me a more dangerous driver because I'm looking at yet more pointless signs rather than the road. :)

Soldato
Today is just a precaution in case there was a sub plot or backup plan, the police believe they have everyone directly involved. It looks like they were all British born as well which is scary, but might make people sit up and listen.

I had a real feeling yesterday that something like this was about to happen. I wondered why John Reid made that statement about the public being extra vigilent and that we might have to put up with loosing a few freedoms (hand luggage).

It totally sucks if this rule stays in place, I can't imagine it will. I'm going to Australia next year, imagine not being able to take anything on that flight. Someone would have to do a MR T on me and knock me out.

"I aint going on no plane without hand luggage foo"

Back
Top Bottom