My GeIL 2GB PC2-6400 CAS4 Dual Channel Kit (MY-058-GL) Overclocking Experience.......

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Due to the popularity of these kits and many people wondering what kind of overclock these memory chips can hit I shall be testing a pair in the OcUK Conroe X6800 ES Bad Axe system I tested a couple of weeks ago.

Lets see if this memory can do 1000MHz+ Stable. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Right the Intel Bad Axe motherboard is not good enough to cope with this memory:-
OcUK_GeilDDR2.jpg

No matter what I do slacker timings, one stick I cannot push past the this FSB stable which is pretty common on the Intel 975X Bad Axe motherboard.

I think you will agree this is incredible memory as its running at its specified timings but at over PC8500 speeds, in fact well over PC8500 speeds. Its running at 1150MHz+ at CAS4-4-4-4 timings with just 2.2v.

I personally believe that in a top specification mainboard with good voltage upto 2.5v this memory will see 1200MHz+ at CAS4 and well beyond that at slacker timings.

If you thinking of buying memory this has to be it, why buy OCZ, Corsair PC8000/PC8500 at £300 when you can have this superior memory for a little over £100. :)

Get buying folks! I've just ordered another 2000 kits from GeIL to make sure we don't run out of this super duper memory, bargain of the century I think. Remember its compatible with all the Intel DDR2 motherboads and the AMD nForce based DDR2 mainboards too. Happy days!!

Associate
Swipe a ds3 from the warehouse and slap f4e bios on it and a 6300. That setup is what a lot of guys and gals on this forum have, probably the best bang for buck setup since the days of the DLT3C 1700s. I am seriously tempted by this ram, just need some ram that will 900-1000mhz in my DS3 and I have an 6300 that will happily run at 3.0ghz without any increased vcore :D

Go on Gibbo, get a 'test sample' out the warehouse :D

Rob H

OcUK Staff
OP
Super Tigers said:
Swipe a ds3 from the warehouse and slap f4e bios on it and a 6300. That setup is what a lot of guys and gals on this forum have, probably the best bang for buck setup since the days of the DLT3C 1700s. I am seriously tempted by this ram, just need some ram that will 900-1000mhz in my DS3 and I have an 6300 that will happily run at 3.0ghz without any increased vcore :D

Go on Gibbo, get a 'test sample' out the warehouse :D

Rob H

This memory does 1200MHz with ease, so what you waiting for?

Soldato
Hmm, do all kits do this? If you test 5/10 kits and they do the same results then im sold :p

From that screenie its 4x512Mb? Better than 2x1Gb?

However by the 2nd week of september new, better CAS 3 mem might be out ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
Concorde Rules said:
Hmm, do all kits do this? If you test 5/10 kits and they do the same results then im sold :p

From that screenie its 4x512Mb? Better than 2x1Gb?

However by the 2nd week of september new, better CAS 3 mem might be out ;)

Its a 2GB Kit (2x1GB) ! :)

Its the first kit I took at the warehouse, from my years experience when you get a thousand modules all from the same batch they all overclock within 1-2% of one another. Plus I am a busy man, I don't have time to test each individual kit.

Fact is OcUK has a great price on memory, whats even more surprising is how these kits rival and out perform the far more expensive kits offered by other manufacturers which OcUK also sell. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Minstadave said:
Awesome results Gibbo, 573Mhz at 4-4-4 :eek: What a winner!

Would love to see some 2x1Gb results if you get the chance.

Hold on, it is the 2x1GB Kit !!

Thats just Sandra messing up, look at the CPU-Z screens and you can clearly see its a 1GB modules x 2. :)

Back
Top Bottom