animal rights activists sentenced under anti terrorism laws

Man of Honour
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/12092006/325/animal-rights-activists-sentenced-4-6-yrs.html
TRENTON, New Jersey (Reuters) - Three animal rights activists convicted under a U.S. anti-terrorism law were sentenced to between 48 and 72 months prison on Tuesday for a campaign to drive out of business Huntingdon Life Sciences, a company that tests pharmaceuticals and chemicals on animals.

Now why can't the police in the UK arrest animal rights protesters under anti terrorists laws and get these barbaric scum off are streets. After all they're using terror to ruin people lives and livelihoods.

They seem to get away with so much and rarely get a decent jail sentence :(.

Man of Honour
OP
I just don't understand why police haven't been doing it before, there's not exactly a lack of evidence. The death threats, the intimidation court of cctv cameras, the bricks, the insults. What's worse it a lot of this happens in front of police to begin with...

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
Now why can't the police in the UK arrest animal rights protesters under anti terrorists laws and get these barbaric scum off are streets. After all they're using terror to ruin people lives and livelihoods.

:(.

Human rights and possibly police are more focused on "Religion terrorist"?

Man of Honour
As a former small-time HLS shareholder and victim of a torrent of very nasty postal abuse, this is good news in principle. However, it's in America, so it hardly makes any difference where it matters. Does it mean our pansy government will follow suit? Not likely!

Man of Honour
OP
Deadly Ferret said:
As a former small-time HLS shareholder and victim of a torrent of very nasty postal abuse, this is good news in principle. However, it's in America, so it hardly makes any difference where it matters. Does it mean our pansy government will follow suit? Not likely!

It sets an example, there's no reason why terrorist laws can't be used in the uk. It just needs some one to set a precedents in the courts, then it'll be taken up. It will eventually be used. It's just when is the question.

Soldato
It must be just me then .... I must be paranoid!

"In March a jury found the defendants and their organisation guilty of violating the Animal Enterprise Protection Act, a federal law that was amended in 2002 to equate its offences with terrorism."

Tell me wtf has their crime got to do with terrorism?

Man of Honour
OP
singist said:

Terrorism is the systematic use, or threatened use, of violence to intimidate a population or government and thereby effect political, religious or ideological change.[1][2] Acts of terrorism are not intended to merely victimize or eliminate those who are killed, injured or taken hostage but rather to intimidate and influence the societies to which they belong.

most extreme animal rights people, use force, threatening behaviour and fear to try and get there way. This by definition is terrorism.

Man of Honour
singist said:

"In March a jury found the defendants and their organisation guilty of violating the Animal Enterprise Protection Act, a federal law that was amended in 2002 to equate its offences with terrorism."

In order to get their will across, some have been known to sabotage people's live's, jobs. They put fear into those that work in the plant and their families. In this country these terrorists have dug up human graves belonging to a relative of a family that was breeding guinea pigs . That in my eyes = terrorism.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
greenlizard0 said:
In order to get their will across, the sabotage people's live's, jobs. They put fear into those that work in the plant. In this country these terrorists have dug up human graves belonging to the relatives of the scientists. That in my eyes = terrorism.
IIRC it was actually the mother of the farmer that was breeding the guinea pigs. Wasn't even anyone actually at HLS.

Permabanned
singist said:

Terrorising the employees of the company and their families?

Soldato
greenlizard0 said:
In this country these terrorists have dug up human graves belonging to the relatives of the scientists. That in my eyes = terrorism.
As Gilly said it was the mother (or possibly grandmother) of the farmer, and as far as I'm aware it was an isolated incident.

Still, animal rights protesters probably make up for a large chunk of terrorism in this country today. Planting incendiary devices on cars, throwing bricks through people's windows, attempting to set houses on fire etc.

Permabanned
save the bunnys.

The%20bunny%20looks%20really%20small%20in%20Big%20Daddy's%20hands.jpg

bunnies.jpg

0000-00-00-bunnies.jpg

i agree with their message but not with their methods.

Back
Top Bottom