• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Catalyst 6.9's Hacked For X1950XT-X Support

Soldato
CodeBasher @ AnandTech Forums said:
Modded CAT 6.9 Drivers

All I've done is add the X1950XTX details to various INF files, nothing fancy.

* Download the WDM and Catalyst Control Centre installs separately from the ATI web site.

* Install the modified device driver
* Install 6.9 WDM drivers
* Install 6.9 Catalyst Control Centre
* Reboot
* Enjoy

Here's the back story

I recieved an X1950XTX as an RA replacement for a dead X1900XT. But sadly the swine never gave me discs. Worse yet standard CAT drivers wouldn't install so I figured it must have been a one-off pre production engineering sample or something dodgy like that. I could take it back, wait another month and get it sorted, or, bugger it, I'll make this bar steward work! So I got stuck into various Catalyst 6.8 driver install files and in the end they recognised the card and installed.

Benchies looked good, everything works woohoo!!!!

Only later to find, CAT 6.8 don't work with X1950XTX's. ooops I did something really clever

So now the 6.9's are out, applied the same changes to the same files and yes we have a winner.

be warned 3Dmark05 and 3DMark06 won't allow compare posts onto the internet as they think you've got hacked drivers.
I thought I'd help spread the word for him, as I think that he's done good work here for people left in the cold when it comes to driver support. Enjoy. :)

Have mercy on my soul o' dons of greatness. I did not notice. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
let me get this straight, ati have released a gfx card and its currently on sale but onece purchased it can;t be used since there are no official drivers for it?

this can;t be right.

Caporegime
Cyber-Mav said:
let me get this straight, ati have released a gfx card and its currently on sale but onece purchased it can;t be used since there are no official drivers for it?

this can;t be right.

why not? nvidia did the same with quad sli it was released before they made a driver to make quad sli work

Soldato
OP
Cyber-Mav said:

this can;t be right.
It can be used with the drivers on the CD, which are modified Catalyst 6.7s, but it cannot be used with standard 6.9s that were released recently.

The guy who made these drivers got his X1950XT-X through RMA, so he had no CD.

Back
Top Bottom