Don't you just love it when a plan finally works out? (56k better run away!)

Soldato
Just over a month ago, I upgraded my pc (that's right upgraded!) and managed to spend £1500 on a upgrade. Being the student I am, I had some very late night pretty much every day for 2 weeks (how sad! :o ), I just couldn't decide on any thing. It started off with the 'E63 vs E66' argument, then it was 'OMG everythings gonna phase out soon'. I must say I owe this forums and specific members (you all know who you are) a huge Thank You. I waffled on for ages bugging a lot of you guys but it's finally worked out for the best.

Low down of my spec:

2 X Dell 2007WFP's
E6300 With Zalman 9700
Asus P5B Deluxe
Crucial 2GB Anniversary
Sapphire X1950XT with Zalman VF900
Corsair HX520
Terratec 2400i Dual Freeview Tuner
Black Wavemaster with Blue Window Panel + Various mods*HDA Mystique Soundcard*
Logtiech Z-5500*
Logitech Dinovo + Icemat V2*
NEC Dual DVD-RW + Sony DVD + Sony Floppy*
Samsung Spinpoint HD's*

*These are Items I had kept prior to the upgrade

Lets get cracking with some pics!

What good is a build without some snacks?

26830918ub4.jpg

Then some good music:

98349087yo0.jpg

Restored my 3 year old wavemaster, she really is a stunning piece of work!:

25822837bv6.jpg

Soldato
OP
Finished :)

80664515lg3.jpg

51283792ib9.jpg

Some Dual Screen Supreme Commander:

16vp6.jpg

I've had to get my Dell screens replaced 3 times, TV card once and had some issues such as bad temps but that's pretty much sorted now. I've manage to hit 3.7Ghz stable and I must say I'm seriously impressed! Monstrous amounts of speed compared to my previous rig.

After hell of a lot of research and time put into this, I can finally say I'm happy! :cool:

Soldato
That's really a thing of beauty.

Excellent component choice too, and like others have mentioned I wish more would do this kind of thing, it's nice to see a PC take shape. :)

Excellent choice with the sweets too, nothing like an Innocent Smoothie. :D

Soldato
Excited from the start with the snacks photos, got better and better. Indeed some will criticise the 1950 but I imagine the budget was the problem there. Great supreme commander pic, dual screen must kick ass for that. Very nice build, and excellent clock. Nice one! :D

Man of Honour
Bear in mind the upgrade was over a month ago, when gf8 prices were a bit steeper.

Looks very cool compared to my ugly setup, I've always gone for practicality over asthetics.

Back
Top Bottom