How much does an xbox 360 game weigh?

Caporegime
Just curious if someone has a quick answer as to how much a normal game in a retail box weighs. I don't own any scales sensitive enough to tell me.

This is gaming related, sort off, I guess, maybe...

rp2000

Soldato
Less that 1.33. Its a large letter. I can get a footy shirt in a large letter and send it first class recrded for £1.33, so it will be less for a light game. With out recorded it would be 65p less so 1.33-0.65=68p.

Hope that helps?

Caporegime
OP
All good advice, but anyone got some scales? I want to send "Recorded Signed For". which is 68p + 32p (if it less than 100g) for 1st class so £1 . I am wondering where I can get cheap jiffy bags in the high street a supermarket?

I have 10 more 360 games for sale in the MM <-shameless plug.

rp2000

Last edited:
Permabanned
Jay123 said:
Best Send Recorded ;) You never know ! :rolleyes:

Jay

Not really, its a scam, first class and Recorded travel together and big bags of letters first class and recorded are left in streets so the postman can pick up bits instead of going back to the sorting office.

The only safe way is Special Delivery.

Caporegime
OP
cheets64 said:
Not really, its a scam, first class and Recorded travel together and big bags of letters first class and recorded are left in streets so the postman can pick up bits instead of going back to the sorting office.

The only safe way is Special Delivery.

Interesting. I thought the Recorded gave you some basic insurance (I knew they travel together during delivery and transit). But just checking and it appears you can send it normal 1st class and if you get free certificate of posting at post office you get £32 insurance same as you get with recorded. Recorded still gives you tracking though.

But can I be arsed to go post office? I dunno. I think I am overthinking this. I hate selling stuff.

Special delivery is too expensive to send 2nd hand 360 games.

rp2000

Associate
rp2000 said:
Recorded still gives you tracking though.
It doesn't even give you that - it only tells you when the item has been delivered but they can't give you any information up till then.
Recorded really is a waste of money.

Caporegime
People are less inclined to lie and say they didnt get it with recorded. You also have the insurance which is perfect for games.

So hardly a con or a rip off.

I buy my 360 sized jiffys 3 for 99p from tesco's unless I get them from work.

Say I buy a game off you on MM. You send it to me standard. One week later I say I never recieved the game. What you gonna do for me RP?

Caporegime
OP
dannyjo22 said:
People are less inclined to lie and say they didnt get it with recorded. You also have the insurance which is perfect for games.

So hardly a con or a rip off.

Say I buy a game off you on MM. You send it to me standard. One week later I say I never recieved the game. What you gonna do for me RP?

I'm gonna tell you to type my name as "rp" and give you a refund, but I see your point :D

I think I am gonna send them "Recorded Signed For".

By The Way, An XBOX 360 game in case weighs ~160grams.

rp2000

Edit:

dannyjo22 said:

Just looked on staples. 10 for 2.49 bargain!

Last edited:
Soldato
I got about 8-10 jiffy bags in the pound shop. I'll let you work out how much they were.

And yes, always send recorded even if you add 50p to the price.

PS I did look at your games, but they seem awfully overpriced!

Caporegime
OP
roboffer said:
I got about 8-10 jiffy bags in the pound shop. I'll let you work out how much they were.

And yes, always send recorded even if you add 50p to the price.

PS I did look at your games, but they seem awfully overpriced!

happy for people to e-mail me a comparison of a game that is cheap onlien and I will adjust the price If it is fair.

e-mail me or post in the thread.

rp2000

Caporegime
rp2000 said:
happy for people to e-mail me a comparison of a game that is cheap onlien and I will adjust the price If it is fair.

e-mail me or post in the thread.

rp2000

I think rp ;) that it's against the MM rules to do that in your thread. Don't know if you put in your thread you was happy for people to do it, then it might be ok. Best ask a Mod I suppose. Without that if I went on there and said "but rp game x can be had for £3 off blah blah" I would get suspended for thread trashing.

Soldato
Annoyingly whenever I sell games they seem to come in at 110g or there abouts so couldn't send them under normal letter rates. I can't remember selling a 360 game where it has been under 100g.

Also a thumbs up for Poundland Jiffy's. 10 for £1 ones for CD's, 8 for £1 ones for DVD's/Games.

Caporegime
OP
dannyjo22 said:
I think rp ;) that it's against the MM rules to do that in your thread. Don't know if you put in your thread you was happy for people to do it, then it might be ok. Best ask a Mod I suppose. Without that if I went on there and said "but rp game x can be had for £3 off blah blah" I would get suspended for thread trashing.

yeah, but as long as they e-mail you and keep it off the forum it is OK. 2 of them I already had to sell reduced rates after e-mailed a comparison

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom