Been sent a "Bundle Copy- Not For Resale" game

Soldato
Naughty web based company sent me a copy of GOW with this plastered all over the front. Surely they could get their bottom well and truely slapped for that?

Don't know if I can be bothered to send it back yet as I got it for a good price and if the choice is between a refund and keeping what I've got I'll keep the bundle copy for £18 and accept it'll be worth less when I come to sell it.

Just a tad annoyed as they are a big company that should know better imo.

Soldato
OP
The $6m Dan said:
It's up to you, but you won't be able to trade it in at a later date.
If that's something you'd probably do then you should seriously consider sending it back.
I normally sell them on ebay when I'm done with them. Probably knock a few quid off its value... but then again I did only pay £18 in the first place.

Think its worth an email as a "dissapointed regular customer" at least ;)

Soldato
lordrobs said:
I normally sell them on ebay when I'm done with them. Probably knock a few quid off its value... but then again I did only pay £18 in the first place.

Think its worth an email as a "dissapointed regular customer" at least ;)

Defo! Fight the powers!

Man of Honour
The $6m Dan said:
It's up to you, but you won't be able to trade it in at a later date.
If that's something you'd probably do then you should seriously consider sending it back.
Ive been round a few well known game selling places that also do trade ins and these are your big national chains, and in everyone theyve had at least 10 games in there pre owned section with this plastered over the front so i dont think their too bothered

Associate
If it was New then yeah, i'd send it back. Mind the high street company i work for (the one with the longer name :p), you can still trade in bundle 360 like GoW, smackdown or PGR3.

Soldato
OP
LOL, typical "large online retailer", I can't even find a contact email address on their website. I can find forms to return the game but I don't want to return the damn thing I want to have a whinge and get some money off vouchers ;)

Who would I go about reporting it to if I'm feeling vindictive? ;)

Soldato
Suck it up, you got it for a very good price and all you have to suffer is a yellow label across the box. If you make trouble for the company, they'll stop making the effort to bring you these cheap deals.....

Permabanned
Burned_Alive said:
Suck it up, you got it for a very good price and all you have to suffer is a yellow label across the box. If you make trouble for the company, they'll stop making the effort to bring you these cheap deals.....
I disagree. One, it is illegal for them to sell it. Two, the resale value is significantly reduced.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
I disagree. One, it is illegal for them to sell it. Two, the resale value is significantly reduced.

But has the resale value changed? I would have thought that the original price paid vs possible resale value equals out?!

Soldato
OP
TheDean said:
Have you played it yet? At the end of the day if you got GoW for £18 I'd be happy
Not yet, didn't have time last night. Will have all evening free tonight though :cool:
Yeah I am being a bit of a whinger and I am chuffed with the price. I mean I only paid a pound more for a new copy of a fairly new top game than the price I was given for my used copy of TDU a couple of days ago.

On the other hand no matter what price I pay I expect to be sent exactly what I ordered. I ordered a retail copy of the game not a bundle copy. Its like the difference between the OEM copy of windows you get with a new new pc and the full retail copy. Same thing, different price tags.

Back
Top Bottom