Important announcement regarding Photography Forum Judges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godfather
Godfather
With immediate effect all OcUK Photography Forum Judges are relieved of their position and responsibility. New Judges will be appointed within the next few days.

There have been some excellent Judges in recent months, and all are encouraged to re-apply. In addition, members can nominate anyone whom they feel would be suitable.

Please send all applications and nominations to Scuzi.

cmt

cmt

Suspended
Spie said:
With immediate effect all OcUK Photography Forum Judges are relieved of their position and responsibility.

I'm confused..... I never realised that the competition Judges were an 'official' part of the photography forums and that the competition was 'just a bit of fun' for forum members?

Caporegime
cmt said:
I'm confused..... I never realised that the competition Judges were an 'official' part of the photography forums and that the competition was 'just a bit of fun' for forum members?

I know, it's not a forum position. How can you prevent someone doing something in their own time ? The judges don't have powers over other members, and its merely honorary title more than anything.

cmt

cmt

Suspended
Raymond Lin said:
I know, it's not a forum position. How can you prevent someone doing something in their own time ? The judges don't have powers over other members, and its merely honorary title more than anything.

can see this upsetting a few people (Again!)

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Death-knell for the once-great ocuk photography competition.

It takes a LONG time to judge these competitions and although I havnt entered in a while, I had faith in the fact the forum population itself appointed judges that were respected for their photography, not to fit into the forum order of things. Removing that may well undermine that trust/faith and take the comp with it.

Why risk damaging something that these forums are known internet-wide for?

cmt

cmt

Suspended
james.miller said:
most likely spie wants to create 'official' position's and since this would then interfere with the status of the current unofficial judges they are being told to clear of or apply. i'm guessing..

But is not the whole point of 'judging' is that they are impartial and not 'influenced' by others.

Once you start contolling who can and cannot be a judge then you start to introduce doubts about that persons integrety / judging ability, as they can be swayed by the opinions of those 'controlling' them.

Sorry, but i have to say that i will not be entering any more comps on here if this is the case

The photography forum has lost a lot of its 'fun' since people like cykey and Lostkat stopped posting and contibuting (and other members too - BTW where is mrk these days??)

Man of Honour
The most recent appointment before this change wasn't appointed by a public vote so I don't see how this is any different. :confused:

The moderating team want what's best for the forum and it has been decided after discussion that this is the best course of action to ensure that the competition continues to run smoothly. I think most will agree that it hasn't been running very well over the past few months with late and questionable results. These changes aim to improve the competition, not destroy it.

Trust us :)

Soldato
Scuzi said:

The dons have "fired" the photography competition judges from a position that they never had control over, im not trying to speak for the rest of the people on this forum, but surely IF we want them to continue judging they will.

Or will all the people wanting this be secretly banned? :)

Soldato
Scuzi said:
The most recent appointment before this change wasn't appointed by a public vote so I don't see how this is any different. :confused:

The moderating team want what's best for the forum and it has been decided after discussion that this is the best course of action to ensure that the competition continues to run smoothly. I think most will agree that it hasn't been running very well over the past few months with late and questionable results. These changes aim to improve the competition, not destroy it.

Trust us :)

How come we're not allowed to decide who judges our competition :confused:

I mean, you control the forum and all, but it seems like the forum would be happier if the member-created, member-run, member-controlled competition remained as such...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom