• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

C2Q Q6600 "GO Stepping" now available at OcUK!

Associate
Ross1234 said:
What is the G0 stepping?

These chips run on less power, produce less heat and therefore can be overclocked more.

The main problem with regular quads is that to be overclocked to 3-3.5GHz they need water, or high end air and a tolerance for noise/temps. G0 resolves this.

BlastRadius said:
Wonder if they are still bundling supreme commander with it? Says so on the description.

I would have thought you could argue trade descriptions that it should :)

Soldato
BlastRadius said:
Wonder if they are still bundling supreme commander with it? Says so on the description.

It says "whilst stock last". Given that this offer was for the older stepping and they've sold out, it's unlikely that any new stock will have the freebie, but you can always hope.

BTW I was one the lucky few who got one from their existing stock. I should receive it tomorrow and I'll let you guys know whether or not I got Sup-Com with it.

Caporegime
How much can you sell a 6300 for? Would it be worth upgrading from one @ 3.15Ghz (prob room for more) to one of these? Using GeIL PC6400C4 800MHz ULL and Gigabyte DS3

Associate
OP
dbappa said:
How much can you sell a 6300 for? Would it be worth upgrading from one @ 3.15Ghz (prob room for more) to one of these? Using GeIL PC6400C4 800MHz ULL and Gigabyte DS3

You could probably sell a E6300 for £40 - £50, though I may be wrong. That would leave you with £140 - £150 to pay for the Q6600 GO. Personally, if I already had a C2D, I would wait until the end of the year or so and upgrade to Penryn. A E6300 certainly isn't obsolete yet.

Soldato
melbourne720 said:
These chips run on less power, produce less heat and therefore can be overclocked more.

The main problem with regular quads is that to be overclocked to 3-3.5GHz they need water, or high end air and a tolerance for noise/temps. G0 resolves this.
Wow, 10w TDP resolves all that, amazing.

Just for a laugh, calculated the difference 10W off a Q6600s TDP makes from stock.

250Mhz or
0.06v vcore

That equates to a 1.8C drop with a typical HSF of about 0.18 C/W.

Theoretically with a the same HSF (20C ambient), a B3 step at 3.6GHz/1.45V uses 203W, 56.5C. A G0 at 3.6GHz/1.45V would use 184W, 53C. Now if it does overclock better and shows a (-10W TDP) 0.06v lower core voltage. Then a G0 at 3.6GHz/1.39V uses 169W, 50.4C. Nice, bit not earth shattering.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151772

Last edited:
Caporegime
Alex UK said:
You could probably sell a E6300 for £40 - £50, though I may be wrong. That would leave you with £140 - £150 to pay for the Q6600 GO. Personally, if I already had a C2D, I would wait until the end of the year or so and upgrade to Penryn. A E6300 certainly isn't obsolete yet.

Screw it, will try and get more out of this one and get a DX10 when loan comes in. Ta

Associate
Tomsk said:
It says "whilst stock last". Given that this offer was for the older stepping and they've sold out, it's unlikely that any new stock will have the freebie, but you can always hope.

BTW I was one the lucky few who got one from their existing stock. I should receive it tomorrow and I'll let you guys know whether or not I got Sup-Com with it.

Picked mine up this afternoon m8 and I did get SC :)

Associate
dunno if my e-penis is any bigger but my new rig just quadrupled my 3dMark06 score:)

Now where the hell is Crysis???????

Back
Top Bottom