• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Announces Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition

Soldato
AMD Announces Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition

AMD has announced a new edition to the “Black” line of processors today. On the surface, there isn’t anything special about the ATHLON 64 X2 black Edition 5000+, features include 65nm process, 2.6GHz clock speed and 1MB L2 cache. What makes this processor a little different is the extremely reasonable price tag and the unlocked multiplier.

I wonder what they clock to with a unlocked muti.
Q

Caporegime
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition processors will only be available in channel market. The chips will come as processor-in-box (PIB) package, but without cooling systems. The Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition microprocessors cost $136 in 1000-unit quantities, up slightly from $125, the cost of typical model 5000+.

From Xbit :)

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20070925185344.html

Soldato
Not a bad price there for, what I think, sounds a reasonable CPU. Yeah, it's getting on a bit now but I'd gladly have one of those at cheap price. What sort of prices do you think we'll be seeing when the shops are actually selling?

Soldato
I wonder who took the rap for deciding to go AM2.

With or without hindsight going S939 to AM2 was the worse thing AMD did. They should have stuck with 939 until they could compete properly with C2D.

Caporegime
Tell me about it...I'm stuck on 939 now =/ Naff all else I can upgrade to that will give me some major boost.

And I don't really want to upgrade to C2D either just yet...Problem with me when I upgrade theres always a damn new socket coming out! :p

Back
Top Bottom