• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 8800 GT arrival information - Important Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK Staff
Hi there

For all those wondering what the score is with NVIDIA 8800 GT's and what available and arriving when here is the information for you guys, this is valid for OcUK only and not other stores:-

Asus - Very small quantities arriving this week and next week, 20 units maximum, so if pre-ordering this is one to avoid.
BFG - Several hundred arriving at the end of next week or very early the following week. If you pre-order this one you stand a very good chance of getting one within 10 days time.
EVGA - Having shipping problems, small amounts due to arrive next week and more the following week, with large volume expected by end of November.
Gainward - Small shipment next week, volume in about 2 weeks with Overclocked and Silent models to follow.
Leadtek - Again very small volumes, literally a handful in about 2 weeks.
OcUK - 1000+ units on the 512MB due in approx 2 weeks, this is a good one to pre-order and you should get one soon.
PNY - 500+ en-route, expected delivery is 10-14 days, again this is a good one to pre-order.
Point of View - Large volume expected in 10-14 days, another good one to pre-order.

OcUK is not bothering with Gigabyte and MSI due to the fact they are shipping about 10 cards into the UK each week which then gets divided up into something like 1 per customer.

OcUK does not offer XFX at the moment due to RMA situation still been poor and as such we can't offer our customers quick RMA solution as we can with other brands. If XFX improve there RMA support to OcUK then we shall stock XFX again but until this happens we shall not because XFX support is very poor.

So if your after an 8800 GT and want is ASAP I would recommend ordering one of the following brands:-
1. BFG
2. OcUK
3. Point of View
4. PNY

Those are the brands arriving into OcUK in 100+ quanties during the next 10-14 days and as such you have a good chance of getting one.

Brands such as Asus, EVGA, Gainward and Leadtek can only ship smaller volumes at the moment but that will improve towards end of the month.

Remember NVIDIA brought the launch of 8800 GT forward to beat ATI's launch date, but unfortunately this has meant the first batch of cards were built by Foxconn and there is not enough supply.

Flextronics are now shipping in larger quantities to partners and as such volume will greatly improve over the next 2-4 weeks and OcUK will have ample in stock for the Christmas period due to excellent relationships we have with our supporting partners. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
To be honest, the way the GT is selling i can see OCUK selling out fairly quickly but if they can get stock back in quick, then its all good.

Hi there

I've had very large orders on with all the above manufacturers directly and orders in with all distributors across the UK and Europe so OcUK stands a very good chance of getting very good volumes in and quick. :)

Man of Honour
Definitely looks like a return to the dark old days of paper launches then, somewhat reminiscent of the 6800u fiasco. Part of me wonders why NV launched so early with little stock available, it's not like ATI had something coming out and they needed to steal their thunder.

I wonder if any of the "I'm gonna sell my GTS before it plummets in value" brigade have got burned and left without a decent card for a couple of weeks?

OcUK Staff
OP
are prices dropping? i noticed on C2's list that the asus is quite cheap, even on low quantities!

HI there

At the moment supply is limited so those with stock incoming and on pre-order are charging a premium, as I stated before launch when volume comes through expect prices to drop by approx £20 but whilst there is a shortage the price is high as with any product at time of launch or whilst in shortage.

Soldato
Definitely looks like a return to the dark old days of paper launches then, somewhat reminiscent of the 6800u fiasco. Part of me wonders why NV launched so early with little stock available, it's not like ATI had something coming out and they needed to steal their thunder.

I wonder if any of the "I'm gonna sell my GTS before it plummets in value" brigade have got burned and left without a decent card for a couple of weeks?

2900pro was bringing in a nice tidy profit for ATI.

Permabanned
Its not a paper launch, that was 6800Ultra released back in April 2004 and finally getting one of my chosen brands in Nov 2004 (joke), and wont happen again, and ATI did the exact same there top card (think it was X800XTPE or such) was also golddust.

Its just they had to use another Vendor to make them as they launched early and their normal Vendor was busy with other orders.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just rang and asked about the EVGA's Crysis bundle. Won't get in till the 23rd meaning your probably looking at Monday 26th before you get to play with it :(

The BFG's are 14th or 16th in their warehouse.

Quick comparison for wanna-be Crysis owners:

BFG GeForce 8800 GT OC + Crysis (retailer) = £209
625MHz Core, 1800MHz Memory - Delivered 19th/20th at the latest

EVGA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB Superclocked "Crysis Edition" = £205
650MHz Core, 1900MHz Memory - Delivered around 26th

If you can wait it looks like the EVGA is the best bet, otherwise the BFG is the one to get. There's also the BFG OC2 which is overclocked even further than the EVGA costing £221 with Crysis from a retailer.

I'm gonna keep looking around for reviews. Always confuses me as to which company to go with (e.g. either EVGA, BFG, etc).

Soldato
Thanks Gibbo, was wondering what the situation was with the stock.

I have money burning a hole in my pocket, so will probably pre-order a BFG one tomorrow. :o

Soldato
Thanks for the update Gibbo - nice to get information from retailers on a more personal level.

Looks like there should be plenty of stock ready for when I get home at the beginning of Dec :D

Caporegime
Its just they had to use another Vendor to make them as they launched early and their normal Vendor was busy with other orders.

Yeah its a bit complicated, as you could say they did launch early, but technically they didn't, as they (Nvidia) were the ones who brought the date forward to before AMD, so they are only earlier by date, they not offically early, like you shouldn't be buying a GT now as they aint supposed to be out, not launched yet, as they are, the new date was the official launch, so they are now on time (officially launched), but its just as you say they had get to another vendor to make them, as the vendor who was going to make them, couldn't make them for the new date. :p

In a nutshell, if the launch date was Monday 19th, and we were buying the cards now as we are, then yes, you could say they are early, but the launch date was brought forward by Nvidia, so they aint early, they are effectively out on time now.

Anyone :confused: yet :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom