• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GT200 GTX280/260 "official specs"

Soldato
OP
I think GDDR3 will be fine being 512bit, I guess cost would have been an issue as well as R&D if it was GDDR5.

I suspect from what Ive read the GTX280 will beat the rv770xt but will come at a significantly higher price.

Associate
DX10.1 will show itself in time, it's mostly irrelevant anyway but they should add it now that they have the chance. These are probably not official, they might end up being true but give it at least a couple of weeks before putting your trust into anything.

Soldato
Cool, bout time the new cards started to rear their heads. Sick of the refresh cards. :D Maybes a good time to upgrade my trusty G80 GTS soon! Will be interesting to see the pricing.

Permabanned
DX10.1 will show itself in time, it's mostly irrelevant anyway but they should add it now that they have the chance. These are probably not official, they might end up being true but give it at least a couple of weeks before putting your trust into anything.

It's hardly irrelevant, haven't you seen all the fuss about DX10.1 and assassin's creed?

Man of Honour
Assuming this is true, the GTS260 looks nice for what will presumably be the 'mainstream enthusiast' part costing around £200 or less. Still got plenty of VRAM and at 448bit the bus isn't too crippled either.

I've been tempted by the 9800GTX which is now down to £174 but I think I can hold on to my GTS320 a bit longer and wait for the new cards if they are actually going to be a genuine step forward.

Soldato
i still think people will be disappointed with crysis performance, of course you can expect around 40fps minimum on decent settings.. which isnt brilliant for a new card if it turns out true

hell of a lot smoother than it is now of course.

Soldato
Assuming this is true, the GTS260 looks nice for what will presumably be the 'mainstream enthusiast' part costing around £200 or less. Still got plenty of VRAM and at 448bit the bus isn't too crippled either.

I've been tempted by the 9800GTX which is now down to £174 but I think I can hold on to my GTS320 a bit longer and wait for the new cards if they are actually going to be a genuine step forward.

dont do it dude. 9800GTX is a no-no

Soldato
Looks good. Should offer around double the raw FPU power of the 8800GTX, from those specs.

However - what is the original source? We link to a post on another forum, which links to a post on yet another (German) forum. I don't read German, but that post does not appear to have any further references.

Associate
i doubt that any of this will cheap.

expect prices to be similar to launch G80 chips.

RV770 will probably offer higher performance/pound.

That said i am really looking forward to these, and R700 as i will buy the best performing chip most probably.

Back
Top Bottom