Street Fighter 4 Pad ( Pretty much a 360 pad without sticks )

Soldato
Only if it had analogue sticks, it would be a great DS3 replacement. I hope it works on the PC too, would be great for emulators.

This item will be released on February 20, 2009. $39.99

PS3 Flavour

29gcztg.jpg

360 Flavour

23mmv0x.jpg

The official Street Fighter IV FightPad controller was designed specifically for fighting game fans to put new levels of control and precision in the palms of their hands. Using an enlarged, circular 8-way floating D-Pad and a classic six-button layout, the Street Fighter IV FightPad brings the old school fighting game experience right into your home. With lag-free 2.4 GHz wireless gameplay, separate turbo settings for each button and great ergonomics, prepare yourself for hours of competition, no quarters necessary.

I don't see the point in buying one of these for fighting games when you could just go for a proper arcade stick. Like....

234lmw.jpg

Which is actually cheaper.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
meh what is the point in this......

GIEF JOYSTICKS !

Prepare for a bunch of other SF4 peripherally come closer to launch time. I can see them bundling SF4 with an arcade stick for £100 or something crazy like that.

ITS GOING TO BE HUGE. [size=-10]even though the game has been out for months in arcades :p[/size]

Caporegime
I was discussing this the other day with someone, they are made by Madcatz (They of cheapo generic, crappy peripheral fame :) ).

Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole until I saw a proper user review. Plus I hate turbo buttons :( E-Honda and Chun=Li fans will love it :)

rp2000

Soldato
Yeah a lot of third party devices probably need to run by with Microsoft first in order for them to work on the 360 i.e. like WHQL.

With the Sony systems, pretty much most things should work off the pad just as long as the device is supported from within.

Associate
Managed to pick one of these up for the PS3 in a local Game shop on Saturday. It is completely screwed. Sometimes button presses don't register and the d-pad randomly goes crazy and instead of say 1 press to the right it acts as if you're holding it down. This all makes it impossible to pull off any sort of special moves or even play the game. This is definately a faulty pad, not sure if I'll get a hold of another one, so I guess it's just refund time. Annoying seeing as if it worked ok it'd be fantastic. I really like the size/shape and feel of it, it doesn't feel like a cheap pad.

Besides the above fault only other main gripe is the fact that it needs 2xAA batteries (this might be a blessing come time..) and has a dongle for wireless so takes another USB port.

Back
Top Bottom