Imageshack Problems

Soldato
What’s going on with imageshack? I cannot see any pictures at all when I click on a link :confused: Is this a known problem?

I can view them fine in firefox but IE8 refuses to see them? Is it a known problem with IE8? I will switch back to 7 if I can, not using firefox btw just used it to test and don’t like it.

2vulds9.jpg

Associate
Of course it is a known problem..........because IE8 is still BETA and there is nothing "finished"in it yet.

There are loads of other"problems"with it as well.
Why mess around with something that is unfinished?

Associate
Doesnt always work in the latest version of Opera either (release version, not a beta/alpha etc) - it seems to be a bit hit and miss for me... I was using firefox the other day and the same thing happened. I have found that occasionally opening the link twice will make one of them load, but i dont think this qualifies as a hard fix!

Associate
I've given up with image shack. too slow, to much advertising etc
Microsoft LIVE Skydrive is much better.

***25GB of Online storage FREE***
All you need is a live account (hotmail/MSN messenger etc)
50mb max file size, no download/upload limits
its the predecessor to their global 'cloud' storage system,

found here:

Soldato
I've given up with image shack. too slow, to much advertising etc
Microsoft LIVE Skydrive is much better.

***25GB of Online storage FREE***
All you need is a live account (hotmail/MSN messenger etc)
50mb max file size, no download/upload limits
its the predecessor to their global 'cloud' storage system,

found here:

are you able to alter your images (size, thumbs, etc) as with imageshack?

Soldato
OP
Of course it is a known problem..........because IE8 is still BETA and there is nothing "finished"in it yet.

Why mess around with it? Well its free to download publically of the Microsoft website so what is the problem? I like to mess around with beta software to get a feel for what the finished product will be like, and yes I know full well it’s a beta and bound to have problems thank you.

Yeah seems to be an issue with other browsers it seems as well so probally the problem lies with imageshack, just annoying as a lot of people use imageshack to host pictures and I cannot see them :p I use tinypic I’ve personally given up on image shack a few months ago.

Last edited:
Soldato

Worst.... post.... evar....

I get the exact same problems through Firefox, and IE7 at work.

Imageshack has always been garbage in my opinion. The upgrades just made it worse. Usually a refresh brings the image up, but only when the site can be bothered loading at all.

Associate
It does but it's still a pain :(

I also had this problem but found it easy to resolve, Imageshack is using a javascript to load up the image so got Adblock to show the blockable elements (shows all and which is blocked) and identified the one being blocked, edited the filter rule and all good now :)

Edit: the exception rule was: @@http://content.yieldmanager.com/rmtag3.js this doesn't let any advertising in but does allow the image to be seen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom