Water Cooled Mini P180

Associate
Been considering this for a while now... Starting to get a little fed up of the Deltas on my cpu...

However i'm unwilling to ditch my P180 Mini due to other mods i've got running on it... And i've not found any other project logs for these things being watercooled...

Research so far:

Not enough space in the PSU bay for a rad as it will pertrude through the motherboard areas floor.
Dont want a rad on the bottom of the case as i'd need to raise the case up to provide airflow.
Rad wont fit in the front of the case as i'd have to remove the top 5.25 bay and it's housing 2 laptop drives.
Not willing to have an external rad (radbox etc).

With that i've got the top of the case (happy to remove the 200mm fan). Not much room at all with the drives but I think it would fit...
Or I cut a hole in the floor of the motherboard area and fit a rad at the bottom, i'd then have to move the psu somewhere though.

Any other ideas?

Soldato
Will it just be your cpu your cooling?

If it is why dont you just get a 120.1 and mount it on your rear exhaust fan? The 200mm fan would then still be used to get rid of the hot air.

Associate
OP
Should have mentioned that...

I'm hoping for to cool the CPU, GFX, NB/SB and mosfets (all now in sig)

Pretty much decided that i'm limited to mounting the rad on the side panel, got enough room to mount the rad (Thermochill 120.2), but i'd have to mount the fans on the outside of the case... Now onto finding some sort of 240 shroud that will fit in with the rest of the case...

Anyone got any experience of mounting rads on side panels? I know it may make taking the panel off a little more difficult, but with a bit of extra tubing it shouldn't be too difficult.

Associate
seems like a lot of hassle when you could just get a new case with stacks of room. Whats the spec of your pc as thats a lot of blocks for a single loop on only a double rad. I guess a side panel would be ok with a fair bit of slack tubing but its not ideal when you then have 2 fans bolted to the outside of your case. Whats soo great about the mods that have been done to your case? Oh btw if you want you can save a little money by cooling the nb and mosfets in one. Also you may struggle to get room to fit a SB block.

This is cools my nb as well as the mosfets as well.

Picture044.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Spec in sig...

Case has got a windowed door with lighting and an LCD in the front panel showing system stats etc... Rather not ditch it after the effort thats gone in so far...

Had a quick feel of my mosfets under load and they're not that hot so i'll probably just go for a similar setup to how you're running...

Back to sketchup for the time being I think....

Associate
OP
Slight change of plan...

If I can get hold of one i'll grab a pa160 and mount it on the 200mm roof fan... Along with a 120.1 on the rear fan i'll have cooling abilities in the region of a 120.3 if not better...

Nice and clean, nice and simple, all internal.

Associate
OP
Probably take me a while to finish this, but might as well plod on...

Plan is to mount a 160.1 to the ceiling fan, and a 120.1 to the back fan... as shown:

This gives me the following to make out of red plexi (didn't have a red translucent in sketchup)

Its not to scale as i've yet to measure everything... There is only 2 bolts on the BigBoy fan so I'm hoping to mount the 160 to the back panel to help support it... Shouldn't be too difficult, just need the 160 and I can start making.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom