FarCry 2 - Crashing To Desktop!

Soldato
Hello and Merry Christmas!

Is anyone else suffering from this? I'm not sure what is causing the problems, but I found over on an AMD/ATi forum people with the exact same problem:-

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=227&threadid=102887

So I don't know if it's driver related or what. I've tried playing in DX9, instead of DX10, but it will still crash to desktop after about an hours playing.

I have patched the game to v1.2 (the latest AFAIK). Still no joy. It is quite annoying as if you've travelled quite far, and have not reached a safe-house in order to save!

Anyone have any ideas or help?

Thanks!

Associate
I wish it did! Would have saved me some time realsing its crap.

Sorry for the above post, I know its not helpful I just couldnt resist!

Soldato
OP
I wish it did! Would have saved me some time realsing its crap.

Sorry for the above post, I know its not helpful I just couldnt resist!

That's ok. So far, I'm not too sure on it yet. But one thing that does annoy me about it. Say you clear a cross-road checkpoint. Save, and then load the game up again. The baddies have spawned back?!! Surely if it saved "correctly" they should still be dead.... but nevermind. More mindless killing with the mounted .50 cal.

But it does run fine, which is nice. 1920x1200 (4xAA) / V.High and DX10. No issues with performance. Just this darn crashing!

:(

Associate
I just installed this a couple of days ago on a similar spec machine to yours. Same thing happened to me after about 1-2 hours play. Just crashed to desktop. None of the usual vista error messages. Just seemed to vanish. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom