Attention Stampcollectors! Stamp Valuation Advice

Soldato
A relative has given me a large number of old stamps, and I want to get them sold. I will probably put them up for auction on ebay, but I don't want to let anything valuable to be sold off on the cheap :rolleyes: !! Here's the first one:

stamp-1-600px.jpg

I know it's French and from 1965!! Would anyone have any advice about where I can ask for stamp valuations? ;)

If there are any stamp collectors here interested, I'll keep the thread updated with more of the stamps once I have pics up ...

Rgds :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
really? i thought the whole point in collecting stamps is that they are kept in pristine condition and never used?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
really? i thought the whole point in collecting stamps is that they are kept in pristine condition and never used?

that would be ridiculously difficult to collect though wouldn't it?
you collect far more stamps by keeping the ones that are sent to you from around the world..

Associate
Not a collector myself, but my step-dad is, and I've been popping round recently to help him with his new found Ebay addiction with them :p

Stanley Gibbons I believe is the name of the book / peeps you need to price them :) And from what I have picked up, used doesn't always mean worthless, but usually well de-value them. Good luck :)

*edit, just seen the post above :p Never mind :)

Back
Top Bottom