In this thread.... post pictures of 10 year old cars which look new

Man of Honour
10 years is a long time. To some, a 10 year old car is 'past it'. I often see people on the forum refer to my 7 year old car as 'an old BMW' even though it doesn't look or feel it and most people IRL never think of it as such. It's funny how time marches on. Yet there exist many cars which, with a private plate and some Meguiars polish, could pass for a virtually brand new car with most members of the public.

In this thread, lets post pictures and respect these cars. Rules - car must be registered in 1999 or older. Car must be the sort which the man in the street wouldnt raise his eyebrow at if he saw it on, say, a 55 or a 56 plate. Lets try and avoid modified cars, although different wheels are fine.

1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34

skylinemr9.jpg

1999 Honda S2000

s2000et2.jpg

1999 Porsche 911 GT3

911ui8.jpg

1999 Ferrari 360 Modena

360zg0.jpg

Which ones make you think 'Blimey, thats 10 years old?!'?

Last edited:
And a late entry...

1999 Mercedes Benz S500. Particularly like this one because with simple expenditure on new front and rear lights for facelift exampes it literally could be a 2006 car. Blimey.

s500oo6.jpg

Leon was launched in 2000, not 1999, and looks bland and dated. You sir, have failed the thread I am afraid :( Fiat Coupe is a bit 90's as well.

Have I reallly already found the only surefire candidates? Surely not?

[TW]Fox;13494216 said:
Leon was launched in 2000, not 1999, and looks bland and dated.

it was launced in 1999!

and yes it does look bland and dated :o
but that bumper was still available on much more recent models. and mine doesn't look like a 10 year old shape anyway, even though it's already 8..

shaun failed the thread with that mclaren F1. it's horrifically dated. was watching that clarkson supercar video. it pains me to say it, but it looks ancient!
as does that tvr..

Toledo was 1999 but the first Leon's were, UK at least, in late 2000. W plate is 2000 not 1999. TVR as well, completely wrong. Compare it to the Ferrari or the Skyline...

What about the TVR Tuscan though? Was that 99?

shaun failed the thread with that mclaren F1. it's horrifically dated. was watching that clarkson supercar video. it pains me to say it, but it looks ancient!
as does that tvr..

Which is why I deletd it ;)

I posted it, looked at it and instantly thought to myself "Actually that looks really old..."

I have to disagree on the TVR front though, I really do think its a shocker to think its a 10 year old car.

[TW]Fox;13494216 said:
Leon was launched in 2000, not 1999, and looks bland and dated. You sir, have failed the thread I am afraid :( Fiat Coupe is a bit 90's as well.

Have I reallly already found the only surefire candidates? Surely not?

What about Honda NSX? Fiat Couple still looks funky to me:p

[TW]Fox;13494138 said:
10 years is a long time. To some, a 10 year old car is 'past it'. I often see people on the forum refer to my 7 year old car as 'an old BMW'

Launched in 1995 though :)

Facelift brought a few changes yes but the general public see it as a BMW from the 90's and not the 2000 era. No getting round the fact it is starting to age now.

Last edited:
Facelift brang a few changes
i usually don't bother with things like this, but come on, BRANG?!

anyway, i'm not convinced with this thread. the only 2 that don't look dated imo are the s2000 and the 911

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom